Re: BOGO add line question
BRIHEI38
Enthusiast - Level 1

They will tell you that they can help, that you can keep your number.  They are lying to you.  I was even told if I bought an iPad and put my old number there, I can switch numbers after.... nope.  Just another lie.  Just to be clear:  you will have two types of ' solutions from VZW' here - 1) those who help you but each person you talk to gives a completely different answer/has no clue; 2) flat out lie.  Maddening customer service on anything close to a complex situation.

CapnBody
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. Almost all of my lines 3 out of 5 are paid off. I don't need a new line, but I have phones that are 5+ years old. How do we get discounts on phones without adding new lines or transferring service to a new carrier?

I was told I could add a new line, port the old number over, and cancel the old line, but the responses here indicate otherwise. 

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Capnbody, making sure I receive a deal from the company I do business with is vital to me. I will be more than happy to assist. We have offers available for new and existing customers. We would not recommend adding a line if one is not needed. The porting in from another carrier is available not lines on the same account. I do apologize for the miscommunication. Please share with me what phones have caught your eye?

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes
cjasman
Enthusiast - Level 1

You’re absolutely correct...old loyal customers get absolutely no promotion deals at all and that’s rediculous! I to am thinking about switching carriers solely due to the lack of respect for their long term customers!

mako42
Enthusiast - Level 3

This private message is a load of B*S* and a distraction IMO. I have three lines to upgrade and a fourth I'm willing to pay off if I switch to AT&T (or other). VZW emailed me and I ended up in a chat where they (1) explained all the current promotions (that I was not eligible for), (2) suggested I check with authorized retailers (which I had already been doing), (3) suggested I regularly check VZW website for updated promotions (I was already doing that daily and AFAICT, nothing has changed), (4) explained that I can trade in an iPhone 7 128Gb in MINT condition and get a whopping $85 in trade. I congratulated the rep on having "hit for the cycle" suggesting things that absolutely do me no good. I wasted a good hour of my time (I had to answer the "20 questions" just to verify my account and get started) and walked away more frustrated than I already was. 

On a side note, I was told by a rep on the phone that I "missed an upgrade promotion" on Thanksgiving day where I could have gotten a significant trade-in. I'm pretty sure I checked on Thanksgiving day and saw no relevent upgrade promotions.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are devastated to hear that you feel this way. Your loyalty matters very much to us. We would love an opportunity to review your account for any eligible offers. A Private Note will be sent, so we can assist further. -BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
mako42
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did not receive any private email message from you. I did however, earn an "Avid Returner" badge upon checking back. Of course, as an up until now loyal customer, the "Avid Returner" badge coupled with paying FULL price for a new phone will get me an upgrade (emphasis on paying FULL price).

I really love how you have a larger than life all caps with bold lettering "SMART" upgrade for $150 off on your home page. If you zoom in and read the ultra fine print, you learn that it only applies to someone adding a new line. Just another kick in the teeth for existing customers. 

0 Likes
mako42
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey BrittanyC_VZW

Still no private message received. More wasted time. Didn't expect anything anyway.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

First and foremost, I personally apologize that you didn't receive a private message as promised. It's important that we're able to access your account in order for our team to review promotional offers for you. As a tenured customer, we certainly don't want to lose you and we want you to participate in our promotional offers as we continue to appreciate your many years of customer loyalty. We've sent a second private message to you to ask your permission to gain access to your account as Verizon takes protecting our customer's personal and account information very seriously. This will allow our team to review available promotional offers for you. Is this something you’re interested in considering? I'd also like to take this opportunity to address your references to earning an "Avid Returner" badge and "Larger than life all caps with bold lettering "SMART" upgrade for $150." This was not intended to inconvenience you in any way and we certainly enjoy working with all of our customers. I apologize for any miscommunication that may have been conveyed regarding these matters. Verizon continues to provide promotional offers to our tenured customers that don't require them to add a new line of service. We're anxious to work with you and we look forward to hearing from you soon. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
cheaters1
Enthusiast - Level 1

do not trust verizon for BOGO, they advertised this 2 years ago if you got a new line and unlimited plan, we did, and got 2 new phones, then they said they never made the deal! so we paid the whole $840 we were supposed to save!