BNSF Metra service from Naperville to Chicago has poor unusable service.
Boo2boy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looks like issue has been around since at least 2014.  Anyone know if best to switch to AT&T or T-Mobile?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BNSF Metra service from Naperville to Chicago has poor unusable service.
terrynoir
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's probably a question you should ask the people in your area who are not with Verizon ( to see which has the better service in your area) or maybe going to T-mobiles' or AT&T's website's to see what others in your area are saying about the service there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Boo2boy, we would never want to lose you as a customer. I depend on my service to, especially for my commute. Can you provide a zip code of an area that this is happening at? Does this happen at a specific time? How is your service unusable (Voice, Text, or Data)?

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Boo2boy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am on the BNSF train line going round trip from Naperville to Chicago. Signal is strong, just no connection. Can’t do anything. Speed test shows close to zero.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe the train cars are Faraday cages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Boo2boy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Except for the fact that some people are able to stream videos and I never had problems on other lines/routes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Boo2boy, train lines certainly can create a hiccup with service given the equipment used. However, we are glad to take a closer look. Which plan do you currently have? Are you able to place calls or send text when on this route?

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Boo2boy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the unlimited plan. Texts seem to workpiece but haven’t tried calls as I sit in the quiet car.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
Boo2boy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have full signal, i just get 0 bandwidth.  Anyone else have better luck?

0 Likes
William13

I take the UPN or MDN train lines daily and my Verizon data service is horrible on both lines. I can send/receive SMS and calls seem to be fairly reliable but data is unusable most of the trip. I also see lots of people on phones, tablets, hotspots. I can only assume they are not on Verizon. I'll be exploring other carriers after the holidays.

0 Likes