BF promotional prices slowly being taken away
KMUSR
Enthusiast - Level 2

we bought two phones during Black Friday an iphone 7 free after trading in a droid turbo 2, a pixel for $10/month (no trade-in needed) and on cyber monday an iphone SE for $5/month (no trade-in needed). All of these promotions they said would appear as bill credits starting on the third billing cycle. In the case of iphone 7, this was a monthly credit for $27 and for pixel a credit of $17 and for iphone SE a credit of $11. First two billing cycles came and went - it was full prices for devices nothing alarming. On the third billing cycle there were three  $27 credits for iphone 7 but no mention of the other two phones. Upon inquiring we learnt that for iphone SE we need to wait one more cycle and sure enough on the upcoming bill estimate, I did see credits for iphone SE. but no where there is any mention of pixel credits. I made a very lengthy call to customer service and this is when my troubles started. After first lengthy call and transfer to one other rep they said I was entitled for pixel promotion and I should wait a week or so for them to process it. After a week, I got the next bill estimate and my eyes popped. They had taken the trade-in credit away from iphone 7 and applied to pixel and then applied the three monthly credit they had given for iphone7 back as charges with the result net bill estimate amount jumped a bit. Again back on phone call to customer service - this time I was on the phone for 4 hours - got eventually transferred to trade-in dept and talked to the person for a long time who took detailed notes, checked with supervisors and such and found all three promotions (the funniest thing was they were not aware of any such promotions and had to hunt for the promotional ids!) and finally wrote up everything and said all will be fixed in a week. a week later I get a next bill estimate revised. I open it with chest beating and see a one time credit for three monthly cycles on the pixel but the monthly promotions have all been taken away for the three phones and no mention of any ongoing bill credits. On the next column which shows next month's estimate, it is full device charges for the three phones and no more billing credits. It seemed like every time I called, one by one they took away the device credit for each of the phones and I can't fight this any more - I am now stuck at paying full $650 price for each of the phones and they won't honor any of the promotions. The customer service reps seem very helpful and genuinely want to help me but when it goes for review someone seems to mess it up in ways it is not clear if it is purposeful. What are my options -can I deny paying monthly charges until the problem is fixed. I have pdf print outs of all promotions at the time I ordered the phones. Can I go to a verzion head office with these print outs and plead with them? totally lost.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BF promotional prices slowly being taken away
Sundubious
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another Trade In Black Friday 2016 horror story on this forum.

I just shake my head at everything you posted because it happened exactly to me.

I finally got my bill credits by speaking to the cancellation dept.  After 10 calls to the trade in dept, being transferred to tech support, customer service, billing dept.. etc.. being put on hold for hours on end and having to hear the same script of "be patient, your bill credits will appear in the next billing cycle" over and over and over again I was done with Verizon and wanted to just pay off my installment agreement and cancel my service.  Only then was I able to get the correct credits applied to my account.  Terrible that each and everyone of us had to call numerous times and even still couldn't get the issue resolved.

Lesson learned.. DO NOT TRADE IN YOUR PHONE TO VERIZON.  Too much risk and gamble with no assurance you will get the correct credits or promotion.

0 Likes
Re: BF promotional prices slowly being taken away
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I bought the iPhone SE on a promotion. I got my credits the way I expected them to. In fact, I have never had any issues with redeeming any promotions with VZW in the 6 years that I have been a customer.

0 Likes