Awful, terrible, good riddance Verizon
jprakes

Goodbye Verizon Wireless, I'll NEVER come back.   Last month, I bought a new phone, activated it on a new carrier, which canceled my service with Verizon Wireless. My contract was up in less than a month. So what does Verizon do? They charged me $140 early termination fee, for cancelling 3 weeks before my contract was up. I expected an early termination fee, but $140 for less than a month? Bad call, corporate postpaid greed. Like I told the customer service guy when I called "This is exactly why I left Verizon, the reason you regularly have the lowest customer service rating in the country year in and year out, and why a lot of people I know intend to leave you after their contract is up. Your practices are awful, your customer service is awful, and I'll use two tin cans connected with a string before I ever come back to your awful company."  I had already decided to leave Verizon due to its blundering of timely updates (I had a Galaxy Nexus, Nexus devices are supposed to get updates first, and fast.  My CDMA Nexus was routinely the LAST variant of the phone to receive updates), blocking of Google Wallet (simply to cut out competition for ISIS), and increasing rates.  I also wasn't happy that in order to upgrade my phone, I would lose my unlimited data, or I could buy a phone for full retail, activate it on Verizon network, and retain my unlimited data.  BUT, if I bought my own phone for full retail, I would have still had to pay for the hidden subsidized charges in my bill, and not receive a reduced bill even though I didn't get a subsidized phone through Verizon.  So I bought a Nexus 5.  There is a reason Google didn't release a CDMA variant Nexus 5.  It had nothing to do with the CDMA technology, but because of Verizon's continuous update blunders, blocking of Google apps, and insistence of installing their junk bloatware on phones.  For the past year, I have advised friends and co-workers to stay away from Verizon when shopping for a carrier, and I will definitely do my best to shy people towards ANY other company when I can. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Awful, terrible, good riddance Verizon
xhunter4u
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wholeheartedly agree with all you've posted. Unfortunately I'm stuck with them for another year, then I'm going to jailbreak my iPhone and take it to another carrier. I have awful coverage here at my new home in Florida and literally the only place I can make a call and not have it drop or the voice drop out is in the Master bedroom - and even that's not too good. Can you hear me now, VZW? I live 4 blocks from US 19 here in west Florida and cannot make a phone call with any degree of confidence that I'll be able to hold an intelligible conversation

The final straw is this new "Family Plan" that I'm forced to use when I only have my phone on the account. The same plan can be had from T-Mobile for $20 less per month. It was only $10 more until I opened my bill this month and discovered the data rate hike that we weren't notified about. Oh, yeah, and the usual fees, taxes, etc. that are never fully explained, and can't be.

There is another experience I had with VZW that I could write about, but it's too long to bother. Customer service is a total joke, and VZW doesn't care a whit.

Worst company I've ever dealt with, and that's the truth.

0 Likes