Avoiding ETF and billing after porting
jp232
Enthusiast - Level 1

My contract ends on 9/10 and billing cycle ends on 9/13.  If I port # and switch service on 9/13, can I avoid being charged both ETF and any further billing charges? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Avoiding ETF and billing after porting
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you port on 9/11 and it's the only line on the account it will automatically close the account. If you still have active lines then you will of course still be billed for what's on there. I would however call on 9/12 or 9/13 to confirm your account has been closed if that is your ultimate goal.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jp232,

It certainly concerns us to hear you are thinking of leaving. We want to keep you with us so what has you thinking of switching? If your contract ends on 9/10 then any time after that if its cancelled you won't receive an early termination fee. The service usually disconnects completely however at the end of the current billing cycle.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you port on 9/11 and it's the only line on the account it will automatically close the account. If you still have active lines then you will of course still be billed for what's on there. I would however call on 9/12 or 9/13 to confirm your account has been closed if that is your ultimate goal.