Autosave deleted important messages
CGreene6860

I accidentally turned on autosave yesterday, and this morning it deleted several important messages, including one from my deceased father.  I don't know why autosave is called autosave in the first place, since it is autodelete.

Is there anyway to rettrieve the deleted messages?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Autosave deleted important messages
Snn5
Legend

When you say autosaved....what app are you referring to?  Verizon Messages?  Sync?  Any message you delete is gone forever.  Any message still in your cloud can be retrieved.  Perhaps whatever app you are using has a trash/recycle bin that contains deleted messages.

0 Likes
CGreene6860

I'm using Verizon Voicemail. I'm a substitute so some mornings the job system calls me and leaves a ton of voicemails, which prompts the app to ask if I want to turn on autosave. Yesterday I fat-finger clicked yes and this morning I got a ton of calls, so a bunch of older saved voicemails were bumped off.

When you said some apps save them, or have a recycle bin, I clicked around the app and found it has inbox, saved voice mails, and deleted voicemails.

The voicemails I was looking for were showing in the inbox, but now they are still in the saved folder, so I'm so relieved. BUT is there a way to download the audio so that I don't have a scare like this again? This message is from 2010 and I'm so afraid one day it's going to be gone, or something dumb is going to happen and I accidentally delete it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can save the messages to the phone as an audio file from the visual voicemail app.  The basic free VVM is limited to the # of messages it can hold, the Premium paid will save many more.

0 Likes