Asurion Question
justinisloco
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Just out of curiosity, if anyone has any info on Verizon and Asurion.

I am getting an iPhone 5 from my sister, who is on my account. She upgraded to a 5S. She cracked her screen a while back and got it replaced at the mall from one of the kiosks. I know they use aftermarket pieces. If I drop my phone, or get water damage, is my insurance going to cover it?

I was already told that insurance wll transfer from phone to phone, but I'm worried about the aftermarket screen. I know it voids the manufacturer warranty, but since I am paying $10 a month, do they not care if its aftermarket?

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Asurion Question
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi justinisloco - You are an awesome brother for looking into this for your sister! We want to make sure your phone is covered! Asurion does fully manage their insurance claims process so it would be best to contact them to discuss coverage. They can be reached at 888-881-2622.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi justinisloco - You are an awesome brother for looking into this for your sister! We want to make sure your phone is covered! Asurion does fully manage their insurance claims process so it would be best to contact them to discuss coverage. They can be reached at 888-881-2622.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

pherson
Champion - Level 1

You cannot insure a 3rd party device. Whoever told ypu that insurance travels from phone to phone was partially correct. It only transfers if you purchase a NEW device. It doesnt matter if she is on your acct or not; you wont be able to file a claim.

0 Likes