Asurion Insurance - Very Poor Service
cassjoy11

I am on my fourth claim with this insurance... FOURTH! And still have not received a functioning phone.

The first phone sent had faulty software issues.  The second phone sent, they changed the name on the delivery when asked to send to the same address, therefore my workplace would not accept it and returned to sender (upon Asurion's request) without contacting me.  The third phone was promised on a Saturday, so I sent to my home... SURPRISE! It will be there Monday so no one can sign for it.  Fourth phone is being shipped tomorrow - over a week to get a new phone for $170?  Not worth the price, since Asurion can't seem to actually get a phone to me.

Is there any other options for insurance on an iPhone 4S?  I can't keep paying a company for services they are incapable of providing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Asurion Insurance - Very Poor Service
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is AppleCare for iPhones, but you might not be eligible now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hearing about your experience really upsets me, cassjoy11. It shouldn't be this hard to get a replacement device. I'm really sorry. Since you received the device, have you experienced any problems? If so, I'm here to help.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

http://www.apple.com/support/products/iphone.html  Within 30 days of purchase. But the iphone has a 1 year of warrenty support. See above link.

0 Likes
Digi001

Yeah total rip off !!! I was in the process of filing a claim until I got to the point of paying $169. I aborted because my deductable as I was told was suppose to be $99 and not $169. When did that change ? Then all the complaints from customers about used and dirty phones being shipped for replacement. I'm due for an upgrade anyway so I'll just pay the extra $31 and get a new iphone 5. Hope you get your new phone cassjoy11.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think the deductible for iPhones are different from other smartphones for the Assurion insurance.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Digi001

Ok thanks Ann Smiley Happy

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
unixgirl2013

My phone was stolen while I was on a trip. I contacted Asurion on the phone and the website and their customer service is horrible. I had to call customer service to get through to a person who could help me. I asked the Verizon rep if he could transfer me over and he did. I asked the asurion rep that my phone was stolen and the rep said it would take 2 days for a replacement. I'm ok with that. The deductible was $169 and the claim would be closed out. I asked for a new phone instead of a refurbished based on the fact that I have not filed a claim in over 4 years. Well the rep on the phone said that it depends on their warehouse stock. I said that my phone was stolen, its not like I constantly file claims through you all. She said that she will make a note of it. The replacement phone got here, and it was a refurbished piece of crap! The phone constantly losses power, drops calls and I've had this phone for a week. I even noticed that the charging cord constantly slips out. I have yet to call them back, however, due to the long wait on the phone and having to call Verizon to get through to them, I am at a loss. I paid on $99 for the phone, $10 month charge for the insurance and now this. It's not like I dropped the phone in the toilet or something.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi unixgirl2013!

I hope you had a good time on your trip, but I'm so sorry to learn that you lost your phone! What a bummer. When it comes to devices that come from Asurion, I have great news! They come with a warranty. If you are having difficulties with the device, you can contact them for a replacement device. (888-881-2622)

We can definitely troubleshoot this with you, if you would rather try that first! What model phone is it? Did you have the issues with the phone from the start? Please post with some details, I'm happy to assist!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
unixgirl2013

Thanks Christina B, I've contacted Asurion and they said that they are going to send another phone that is new. I have been trying to get the refurbished phone to charge, but one slight move and the charging cord comes out. I plugged the phone into the outlet over night, and woke up the next day and the phone was not charged. So I let the phone run completely out of power twice due to the cord constantly slipping out. I called Asurion and they said since I have been a customer of theirs for a long time, they are going to send a new phone to me. I will see when it get here. I had to buy a new phone case and protective cover all over again. The rep from Asurion told me they cannot replace the accessories that was on the phone but the phone itself. I am still a little confused about their process and was to the point where I was going to drop the insurance altogether. I will make a final determination if that happens.

0 Likes