Assumption of liability: Nationwide Basic 450 into America's Choice Family SharePlan 700?
kinglemur
Enthusiast - Level 1

Scenario:

I have an America's Choice Family SharePlan 700 with 3 lines including the primary.

I would like to bring in a fourth line that is currently on a Nationwide Basic 450 plan.

Both accounts are off contract.

The question is, can I bring in the line that's currently Nationwide Basic and still keep my account on the America's Choice plan?  If so, what's the effect on the price of the additional line?  If not, what is the effect on my account's plan type and price?

Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Assumption of liability: Nationwide Basic 450 into America's Choice Family SharePlan 700?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can do an Assumption of liability for the Nationwide Basic line - you *MAY* have to change your America's choice to Nationwide but the plan is the same as far as minutes and cost - adding a line (if it's a basic phone) will add $10 a month, and that line will share the 700 minutes.  You didn't mention texting so I don't know if you have any add on plans for that.  You also didn't say if any of the current lines are smartphones; when you get up to 3 or 4 smartphones, the cost of the individual data plans for each line becomes more than what it would cost to be on the "Share Everything" with unlimited minutes and texting....

If you have all basic phones, adding the line for $10 is your most economical route.

View solution in original post

Re: Assumption of liability: Nationwide Basic 450 into America's Choice Family SharePlan 700?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can do an Assumption of liability for the Nationwide Basic line - you *MAY* have to change your America's choice to Nationwide but the plan is the same as far as minutes and cost - adding a line (if it's a basic phone) will add $10 a month, and that line will share the 700 minutes.  You didn't mention texting so I don't know if you have any add on plans for that.  You also didn't say if any of the current lines are smartphones; when you get up to 3 or 4 smartphones, the cost of the individual data plans for each line becomes more than what it would cost to be on the "Share Everything" with unlimited minutes and texting....

If you have all basic phones, adding the line for $10 is your most economical route.

Not applicable

Will they even allow them to switch to a nationwide plan since it's not offered anymore? They might have to switch to Share Everything.

kinglemur
Enthusiast - Level 1

So additional information: All lines in question are basic phones, talk-only, pay-per-text.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Might be better off going prepaid. They have plans for $35 each. For 500 minutes and unlimited texting.

Not applicable

consider: verizon MVNO

for lower cost PREPAID alternatives: verizon itself, PagePlus, and many more

0 Likes