Assumption of Liability & Unlimited data
fuzzylogic1

The company I work for is migrating from company owned devices to personal.  I currently have an unlimited voice/text/data plan on Verizon through the business portal.  I am looking at assuming the liability of the line to my personal account and the couple times I have called in, they will not allow me to just assume the line and contract.  The first thing they look at is, "oh you have unlimited data" and then start discussing the very expensive options of share everything.  Is this true?  I am assuming a line that has a contract and they are forcing me to change that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Assumption of Liability & Unlimited data
AZSALUKI
Legend

legally, they don't have to allow the assumption of liability. it sounds like they are either looking to port the number to your account as a new line (and new contract), or allowing the assumption, but on their terms (forcing you to change data plans). i really don't know if there's anything you can do about it. i'm no expert in these assumption of liabilities though.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, a line has a contract, however data is not part of that contract.

There have been many instances on these forums where unlimited data will not transfer when performing an AOL. I don't think I have seen anyone report being able to complete an AOL while keeping unlimited data.

However, since it looks as if you currently have a personal account, you should be able to transfer the line to your account and add on a tiered data package which start at $30 for 2 GB/month.  You should be able to do this as long as you currently have less than 5 lines on your account. If you already have 5 lines and are trying to add a 6th line, you will most likely have to switch to Share Everything.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm no expert on AOLs either, and there's been lots of discussion about AOLs and unlimited data, with conflicting viewpoints, such as this thread:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/884039#884039

For the OP, I wonder if it 'mucks things up' when they are talking about a business plan and wanting to move it to an individual plan.

0 Likes
melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

you can do an AOL without giving up your unlimited. speak to a supervisor.

0 Likes
melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

i missed the part about business account. might be tricky. still speak to a supervisor.

0 Likes
melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

but all ive heard was you only lose it if you get a subsidized phone. sooo good luck

0 Likes