Are you being throttled on your "unlimited plan?
nocap

I have 5 phone lines and an aircard on VZW for nearly 10 years, and never late once on my $300 monthly bill. I am in a rural setting and have few internet options and I have been using an aircard in a router for years. My down speed generally was 1 - 1.3mbs and though that is not blazing, it was tolerable. VZW has decided to "optimize" my usage and now my typical down speed is ..2-.4mbs. This is the dial up version of broadband. It is explained to me that this is for the benefit of other lower volume users. However, if I want to switch plans and pay more per gigabyte, then I can have all gigs I want and at the fastest speed. In other words, screw the other customers that will be disadvantaged, just pay a premium and the data will flow. The true colors of VZW are shining? They could not care less for their customers, they are totally motivated by profits. This is the sad state of big business in America.

I was willing to pay double for the latest greatest home fusion, but it's not available in my location! Give me a break if you can't provide better service.

Being a solid customer with a perfect bill pay history gets you nothing. I look forward to the day that I have an option and I will smile as I say kma.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Are you being throttled on your "unlimited plan?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using a 3G device or a 4G LTE device? Network Optimization is currently only for 3G only devices located in congested areas.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nocap

Pantech um175 3G. I suppose the tower could be congested, but that seems odd since the population density is so low.

0 Likes
nocap

The service is so slow it takes 2 minutes to load this page. I can not even load a 3 min youtube video without buffering 2 dozen times.

I do not mind paying for service, but this is not what any rationale human would call service.

0 Likes