Are the $60/1GB and $75/2GB smartphone single line plans eligible for the Military discount?
jejm1975
Enthusiast - Level 3

I noticed in the FAQ's for the single line plans that they are eligible for the EDGE discount. I just recently was able to get my Veteran status verified for my Military discount. FYI, DO NOT try to do the verification process online, it takes forever and three days! It only took thirty minutes in line at the retail location versus online, where I've been waiting for five days and it STILL is not verified!!! Anyways, while at the retail location I asked about their smartphone plans and I was quoted $75.00 for the single line plan at 2GB, but was also told that it was already discounted and thus was not eligible for my Military discount. If that is true then those plans should not be eligible for the EDGE discount either, but they are. So what is the correct answer?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Are the $60/1GB and $75/2GB smartphone single line plans eligible for the Military discount?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jejm1975 we appreciate your service to our country! We'll make sure that everything is clear regarding the military discount. As the representative stated, the Single Line Plans are promotional options that currently don't qualify for military/employee discount.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Are the $60/1GB and $75/2GB smartphone single line plans eligible for the Military discount?
jejm1975
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, that said, what exactly does my Military discount get me?

0 Likes
jejm1975
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay, so this is what I get out of all this.... The Military discount provides a 15% discount to monthly plans of $34.99 and above.  A 25% discount on accessories is also available. So I could get a Single Line Plan with 2GB of data for $75.00 a month OR I could get a More Everything Plan for one line ($40.00 Line Access Fee - 15% Military Discount = $34.00) with 2GB of shareable data ($50.00 - 15% Military Discount = $42.50) for $76.50? In other words, a person without a Military (or for that matter any other) discount can get the SAME service cheaper (especially with the EDGE Single Line rate being only $65.00) than I could, after having served this great country of ours. Let's not forget that the Single Line plans are NOT eligible for the Military Discount, but they ARE eligible for the EDGE discount... Well ain't that just swell. What a (removed) to those of us that served! Thanks for much of nothing Verizon!!

If I am wrong, please forgive me, but then again that is why I am posting this, for clarification. I can not understand for the life of me why Verizon would not allow the Military Discount for the Single Line Plans, since they DO allow for the EDGE discount. Come on...

Edited as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
jejm1975
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is it possible to get a Verizon Wireless Customer Support answer here?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry for the delay, jejm1975. We appreciate your service. You seem to have a great understanding of how our discounts work. Did you have any other questions?

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jgawry

I got the single line plan on August 25th, 2014 and was told that it was eligible for the military discount. I also called Verizon Wireless a couple weeks later and they confirmed it was eligible, and just today September 28 on the Verizon Wireless chat line I was told by a salesman that I was eligible.  But, when you call back now that you've passed the 14 day return window and are under a two year contract, you are told that you're out of luck at the plan is not eligible for veterans discount. Bait and switch, I think so.it looks like now I have to argue about waiving my early termination fee to get out of this contract, because I was lied to by more than one Verizon representative. Oh, & I purchased my phone and contract at an Air Force Base kiosk, where you would think they would know which plans qualify!  14 years with Verizon Wireless, without an issue, and now I have such a sour taste in my mouth.

0 Likes
Not applicable

No offense but the 2 GB single discount is $30 cheaper than the regular 2 GB More Everything plan. Is $30 or 1/3 off regular price not enough of a discount? Also aren't veteran discounts 15%? And on More Everything plans the discount comes from the data portion only so at best your veteran discount if you could get it would be $3-$6 dpending how the plan prices the data and line fees.

jgawry

No offense taken! But, the $60 plan is not advertised as a discount to another plan. It is a plan all by itself, and thus should be eligible for the same discount as any other plan!  This is especially true when the person who sells you the plan tells you that it is eligible for discount.  And, to make matters more confusing, I went online just yesterday to Verizon wireless.com and was told through the chat session that the same plant is eligible for a Veterans discount!

0 Likes
brett62
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like it's time to look at other companies. Either the employees are told to lie,or they have no clue about the product they are selling. I was told there was a veteran discount. Now no. Every thing said in local store is wrong.