Are Tech Support reps trained to promises he/she won't keep?
TexGal999
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've talked to tech support several times since I got my new plan and new phones (after 55 days 2 of 3 are still not working right). One guy told me all kinds of things that another employee said were wrong. He texted me his email address and said he would follow up with me. I sent him an email on June 2nd and it's July 12th but he hasn't bothered with any sort of reply. I spoke with the next guy, Eric, about static on my home phone. He was convinced I needed a new phone despite still having static when trying different phones and probably 4 or 5 phone cords. He promised he'd call me back at a set date and time to give me time to buy the new phone. But he didn't keep his word either. I could possibly believe one unkept promise was a fluke or maybe, stretching it, two. But, it didn't end there. I spoke with the next guy, Audie, on June 29th about ads on my mobile phone (nightmare!!!). He said he'd call me right back and I told him I didn't exactly trust he would considering tech support's track record. He actually called back. He walked me through some settings that I knew weren't going to fix it and I told him I knew an ad would pop up after the call ended, whether it was 5 minutes later or 5 hours later. Like I did with Eric, we planned for him to call me back at a set date and time to see if the ads returned. I insisted that he actually call me and not do like Eric did and just blow off the follow up call. I think he said something about having called me back earlier and of course he would call back for the follow up. Well, lo and behold, just like Eric, he didn't call me for the follow up. That's 3 tech support guys who said they'd follow up with me and then blew off the calls. I left AT&T to go to Verizon because of bad service but I will say this about AT&T: its reps didn't CONSTANTLY make promises they didn't keep. Verizon apparently doesn't care whatsoever about its customers or tech issues. Maybe that's all part of a plan to make you guy a new phone, upgrade, etc. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised.

0 Likes