Appalling
melissajean

I have been a Verizon customer since January of 2013. My husband and I have five lines on our plan and our average bill is $330 a month. Due to the fact that Internet is not available where we live, and we were using a lot of data a month, I began to do some research on the Internet about some ways to possibly help our situation. I came across a guy who said you could purchase an "unlimited data plan" from someone who had the old Verizon plan and it was grandfathered in. The plans were for sale all over craigslist and ebay. I did my research. I contacted Verizon on Nov. 23 to make sure this was a legal and viable option for us. I was told it was legal to do so, and so I began searching Ebay. On Sunday, November 24, I purchased an unlimited data plan from a guy on Sunday, November 24 at 13:42 PST for $205.00. This line was part of his plan for $29.99 a month. I called Verizon's assumption of liability line at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday November 24 to assume this line. I told the lady (Rebecca) that I spoke with at Verizon that I already had a Verizon plan with 5 lines and I DID NOT want this new line as a part of that plan. I mentioned that three separate times. I knew from my research that if the plan is changed at all that we would lose the very reason for purchasing the new line....the unlimited data. She assured me she would be very careful and that in fact her "computer would alert her if there was going to be a change in the data." Several minutes into the conversation she said she had a pop up and she wasn't sure what it was and she needed to get some help because she was "new at this." After putting me on hold for several minutes she got back on the phone and said her manager, Darius, was helping her. Several minutes later she got on the phone and said there had been a problem. She had, in fact, switched the new line to our plan and it would now take 7-10 business days to request to get the original line back. But, not to worry, they would give me 68 GB of unlimited data on the line, so it would be o.k. When I initially called Rebecca I told her I had a jetpack that I would like to put the line on if that was possible....if not I had an extra iphone. She said not to worry, she would put it on the jetpack. I was never, not ONE TIME, told that was not possible to do. The request ID that she gave me for the unlimited data plan back was (removed). She said she would be calling me on Sunday, Dec. 1 at 2:00 p.m. to make sure everything was good on the line. I never received that call. I checked my Verizon on Sunday, Dec. 1, in the evening and noticed I had over $1000 dollars in charges because I was, indeed, being charged for the data. Not only was I not put on an unlimited data plan, but it was a plan that cost $50 a month and only 5 gb. I contacted Verizon about this and asked to speak to a manager. The first person I spoke with was a woman named Patricia and after waiting on hold for several minutes, she gets on the phone and we are immediately disconnected. She called back and left me a voicemail to call her direct line, (removed) and she would assist me. I tried contacting that line all day, numerous times, and she never answered once and did not return my call. The second person I spoke with was a man named Corey and I have to say he was the absolute worst customer service manager I have ever spoken with. He was rude and lacking integrity or any persona people skills. His agent ID is (removed). He said it was written in Verizon's notes that I was warned that if I put that new line on a jetpack I would lose the unlimited data. I assured him this was NOT the case. I had the call on speaker phone when I originally called to do the assumption of liability and my husband and I BOTH agree that was NEVER discussed. Corey puts me on hold for about a minute, gets back on the phone and states that he just listened to that call (yes apparently all 60+ minutes of it in only a minute...amazing) and I was warned about that. I asked him how that was possible to listen to that entire call in just a few seconds and he got very angry with me. I asked him what time that phone call was supposedly placed  and he said 12:44 PST. I told him I hadn't even purchased the unlimited data line yet at that time so he was lying. He began screaming at me on the phone so I put him on the speaker phone for everyone in my office to hear. I finally asked to speak to another manager, and he said it would be 48 hours before anyone else could contact me. I told him I would call back and get someone else, and at that point I hung up. I called back and got a woman named Shayna, direct line (removed). She assured me that she needed to work on this a few days and she would get back with me on Thursday, Dec. 5. As of 3:48 p.m. on Thursday Dec. 5 I have not heard from Shayna. The very unfortunate thing is that since my bill is over $1000 dollars, Verizon has shut off all my phone lines. The bill isn't due until Dec. 20 and it is paid up but I have no phone because of this mess. I am completely shocked that Verizon would have employees who treat customers the way that I have been treated. Verizon needs to listen to the phone calls that I made and realize that they have employees who have fabricated notes to make me look like I'm lying. Numerous employees have not stuck to their to return calls and help me with this situation. I am just a dollar sign to Verizon and I am trying to get the word out about how this large corporation treats its customers. PLEASE PASS THIS ON SO WE CAN STAND TOGETHER TO FIGHT AGAINST GIANT CORPORATIONS AND THEIR DECEIT AND LIES. I will contact every media outlet, every social media outlet, and everyone I know until justice is done. I currently have no phone and cannot contact my daughter (again, even though my bill is not due until Dec. 20, Verizon has now shut off my phone.) I will be getting an attorney and fighting this corrupt company.

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Appalling
Kat97862

I got a tablet and was told that l could make payments on it when l got my bill they billed me for the whole amount and was lied by the verizon person who told it to me verizon has lied to enough people they should loss there business all together don, t know how to explain the situation to verizon because the people just say were sorry for what your going through but me can, t help you

0 Likes
Re: Appalling
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You would be given 68 gb of unlimited data? Lol! The.inly thing appalling is the first act that we had to sit here and read this....Both posts.

0 Likes