Anybody Agree?
sadcompany

Why is Verizon so awful with their lineup of phones? I truly wish they would bring the HTC One sooner than later, I imagine as long as it's taking, the phone will be priced around $50 otherwise this is an awful decision by them. They've also passed up on Sony phones. They're customer service is sub-par by far and the only reason Verizon is still in business is because of the 4G they have rolled out everywhere (mostly in small rural communities) where they have no choice but to stick with Verizon.

New phones New Phones New Phones Sooner Sooner Sooner... better customer service better customer service better customer service..

Clear enough for Corporate Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anybody Agree?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is already a discussion occurring in the Android space of this community on the HTC One and why it is or isn't coming to Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jrmymllr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't know about the phone lineup since I usually go with lower end smartphones, but customer service sub-par?  I'd say VZW customer service is better than average.  Compared to another wireless carrier that starts with "s", which wasn't near the bottom begin with, and especially compared to certain cable and telephone companies, VZW isn't that bad.  I've only had VZW for about a month, but had service with them twice before and always thought they were more on-the-ball than most.  I can think of several instances over the last decade where I was very pleasantly surprised.  With other telecommunication companies....not so much.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I think Verizon has excellent customer service.  If your definition of good customer service is giving you special handling for your special circumstances or allowing deviation from published terms, conditions, policies, and procedures, then maybe you don't think they are so good.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ann, I was just looking at the HTC One at T-Mobile today. it was all stainless steel, and had some neat features.

with $99 due today and $50 for unlimited talk and text and 500 mb of mobile hotspot data not to bad a price. however with unlimited data 4G for $20 more to cost $70 and the $20 a month to pay off the phone with no contracts.

I also visited the T-Mobile support forums and there are many complaints about the phone already. Poor Camera, non removable polymer battery which does not last too long, the screen has your most used apps and programs floating on the screen which cannot be turned off.

If you visit HTC USA they have even more bad reviews.

its the same at every cellular company. You cannot please everyone.

Go Figure

0 Likes
Merlin13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is kind of like Apple.  No matter how inferior their product or service is, their fans will defend it without listening to any type of well reasoned and fact based dissent.

Verizon does have sub par customer service.  When I say sub par I am comparing it to good customer service.  None of the carriers I've dealt with have good customer service.  In my experience, Verizon customer service reps rarely care about making the customer happy.  Their goal seems to be to get you off the phone with a canned response as fast as possible.  I've encountered one exception to that issue after going through five customer service reps on an issue and I finally got someone who was very good and helpful.

As for the comment from the original poster, you are spot on about Verizon having an inferior lineup of phones to most other carriers.  Anyone who would argue that isn't really tied into the smartphone industry and current devices.  All of the other carriers have had the HTC One.  We're not talking about some obscure phone, we're talking about the third most popular cell phone in the US.  In addition, they are always late on the other phones, to varying degrees.  They were not far behind on the S4, the release of the S4 was fine.  They also don't have the S4 Active.

It isn't just the inferior lineup, it is the lack of communication.  They indicated they would be getting the HTC One.  Then crickets for almost a month.  A lot of people are upset about the way it was handled.  And now AT&T is giving deep discounts on the HTC One along with waiving the activation fee.

You can defend Verizon as much as you want, but the facts are they have a poor lineup of phones and they do a poor job of communicating their direction and what is up and coming for their phones.

0 Likes