Any way to get a one month early upgrade??
AnissaLJackson
Enthusiast - Level 2

My mom and I are on the same account and both have the same phone - HTC Incredible 2. Neither of us have had any issues with the phone whatsoever until recently. Both of our phone's charging port won't charge anymore. With only having to do little research, I learned this is a common problem with the HTC Incredible 2. Other than the broken charging ports, both phones are in great shape for being almost 2 years old. I don't have insurance on my phone, my mom does on hers, received a replacement phone but learned the one she received would be more trouble than it's worth so returned it and kept the Incredible 2. Being that the charging ports are broken, we both had to purchase an extra battery and external battery chargers. Anyone who has had this problem knows how much of a pain it is to not be able to charge your phone without having to take the battery out and switch to another one. There's no way to charge on the go. We have been loyal customers to verizon for many years and really would just like a month early upgrade. Our regular upgrade date is May 11, 2014 and was hoping to maybe atleast get a month early upgrade. Being that there is only about 2 months left until our upgrade, I see no point in forking over $300+ to get a new phone to use until the upgrade time and also see no point in doing the Edge program being that we don't generally even care to upgrade early. i get that verizon is pushing the new Edge plan so are stricter on early upgrades more so than in the past but I would hope that there would be some exceptions at their discretion. I've heard of people occasionally being able to get an early upgrade by calling customer service, etc so would just like to know if anyone has any suggestions. I will not join Edge and will not fork over hundreds of dollars to use a new phone for 2 months. I would hope that Verizon Customer Service would be a little sympathetic to their customers. The better the service, the more likely the customers are to stay.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Any way to get a one month early upgrade??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Anissa, I have been in your exact situation, and I know how aggrivating it is to have to charge your phone externally! I am sorry you are having to go through this.

Early upgrades are not something that we are currently able to offer, outside the Edge program. I know you are not interested in Edge, and I understand, considering you do not normally upgrade early. However, we would be unable to provide the normal, discounted phone upgrade before your upgrade date in May.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I would call the 800 number and discuss with them. Even though it is Verizons Policy not to be nice to its customers in situations like these, sometimes you get the correct CS Agent on the phone who has a strange ability to make it happen.  I know of at least 4 different cases in the last 3 months where the CS Agent on the phone was able to offer an early upgrade (although each time the end user was charged a $20 fee to do so). Some of these 4 were up to 45 days early and they got their new phone at the discounted rate.  I need to stress here though that just because some people got it, that doesn't mean everyone will get it. It is based on many factors, length of time with Verizon, payment record, type of phone on and going to etc....

0 Likes
Not applicable

Sorry Jakeman CS reps do not have that power. If they did make an early upgrade I'm pretty sure they would be fired.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Well, I would have to say I disagree. My son is one. His phone broke and was unusable. Went to the local Verizon Store and they said sorry, full price. Called the 800 number and spoke to a CS agent who put me on hold multiple times came back and said because of our Payment record and longevity with Verizon they could give us one of their Loyalty Upgrades. There was a $20 dollar fee to do so and the time left on the original contract remained so his next upgrade date was 2 years and 29 days from when he got his new phone at the discounted rate.

0 Likes