Any possible way to view sent or recieved text messages
jamalgt65

Hi all,

Is there any possible way for me to view texts that I have sent or received?

The reason I ask is because, this past Monday (01/05/2015), I received a text with some very important details that I need, and like an idiot, I deleted the conversation by accident from my phone, losing the entire message history in the process.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Any possible way to view sent or recieved text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jamalgt65 we'll make sure everything is clear! Verizon Messages allows you to view texts online, however since the text is deleted then it's unable to be retrieved. You can view the past 90 days of the messaging details (phone number, time, and date) from My Verizon to help put the pieces together.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jamalgt65 we'll make sure everything is clear! Verizon Messages allows you to view texts online, however since the text is deleted then it's unable to be retrieved. You can view the past 90 days of the messaging details (phone number, time, and date) from My Verizon to help put the pieces together.

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
sconley35

I see that there are only 90 days of messages for me to view, can I possibly see more than that? I am trying to find a way to view January, February, and March of this year... is there anyway I can do that?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
sconley35, you will only be able to retrieve text messages for only up to 90 days. After 90 days you will only be able to view time , date and the mobile number to that message was sent in your billing detail summary. You can also access this on your My Verizon.
YareliM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Jessdb09

How do you access these?

0 Likes
MusicGeek

yeah how do you access it because my phn screen is broken and i dont no wat the texts are is there any way i can see the content of the texts ?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MusicGeek, we don't want you to miss any important text messages. I apologize. There's not an alternative option to view your text messages elsewhere. However, do you have an alternate phone that you can activate on your line temporarily?

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/nso/enterDeviceId.do?&&intcmp=SearchBanner:activation%20-%20table...

Do you have insurance on your device? 

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/equipment-protection-overview/?intcmp=SearchBanner:insurance:...

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kristen26

How do I do this?  I was recently out of the country and my phone was off or I was only using wifi over the past week.  I came back yesterday, turned on my phone and data and no text messages that were sent to me came through.  Relatives and a co-worker both said they sent text messages during that time and a few text messages did come through on my iMessage when I turned on my computer that never went to my phone.  I'm very confused where these messages are and how I can view them...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Text messaging is how I keep connected and I am sure you feel the same kristen26 . Just so that we are on the same page, are all of these missing messages iMessages or regular text messages?
RosanneM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kristen26

They should be a combination, mostly iMessages though.

Best,

Kristen

0 Likes