Any one in eastern colorado having the same problem as me, no service
oxford
Enthusiast - Level 2

We upgraded to the droid razor last xmas. The new razor had worse reception than my old flip phone. I have been a Verizon customer for over 13 years. It seems that the last several months the service in our area has gotten even worse. Now to send or receive a call I have to go outside, point my head to the south, hold my tongue out to the left, cross my toes and I might get a signal. Then when I get a call through, I get dropped in the middle of a conversation. My wife is disabled, she is able to keep her cellphone with her at all times. But when she needs to get ahold of me at work, if she can get through to me, all I hear is garble. I don't know if she is ok or not. Pretty sad when I have to wonder if she could even call 911 if needed. We are paying over $200 a month for our plan and cant even use the phones in our own home. Anyone else having the same problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Any one in eastern colorado having the same problem as me, no service
Android76

Oxford,

I just upgraded my 5 phones to the Razr M and I am having the same problem. I switched one of the Razr Ms to a Razr HD and it does the same. If I am lucky I will receive 2 bars in 4G while at home, with my old phone (Droid Bionic) I always had full bars. My signal strength is usually around -110dBm to -120dBm in 4G, Now that should nomally be at -75dBm for a good signal. Tech support keeps putting a ticket out, but nothing has been resolved. Verizon's solution to this problem was for me to spend another $250 on a signal booster for our house. I think it would better serve me to spend that $250 on a lawyer and file a class action lawsuit against them. We are not the only people having the problem either, people all across the country are having the same issues. My guess is that Verizon is having major issues with their LTE network and do not want to admit it. I am paying over $300 a month and I am about to cancel all five phones and go with another provider.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have reliable phone service, oxford. And I want to make sure you get the best possible signal on those great tnew phones. What zipcode are you having this service trouble in? Does the signal seem to improve the further away from your home you are? Indoor service can be a little tricky, which is why so many customers have come to love the Network Extender http://bit.ly/AKkC for service inside their home. Also, do you happen to use a case on your phone? It's a great way to protect your device but if it's bought from a 3rd party, they can sometimes have a negative effect on your signal strength.

Jennifer_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
oxford
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for responding. My zip code is 80804. I do have a cover on my phone, but it came with the phone. I purchased it from a verizon store. Our service isn't just inside the house, there is about a 40 mile stretch along I-70 in Colorado from Limon to Seibert that the service stinks. We have signed a petition being passed in the town of Flagler. There are alot of people in this area with the same problem. Like I said in my original post, I have been a loyal customer of Verizon for 13 years. This is the worst service I have ever experienced. Please help us all on the eastern plains.

0 Likes
oxford
Enthusiast - Level 2

Android 76, I also looked into the booster. I don't think we should have to pay $250 for something we already pay for on our monthly bill. It is called good customer service. Verizon used to be so good 10 years ago. Now they are so big I think there attitude is, if you don't like it go somewhere else. I guess that's what we are going to have to do.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Android76, the last thing we want is for you to go anywhere else. You mentioned that 4G is at 2 bars, but what is your experience on calls and using data? 2 bars is normally still sufficient in making calls and accessing data. Do you still have one of the Bionics? If so, turn on one to see if that is still receiving 4 bars. Do you have any friends with different model 4G devices that have visited your home?

MarquiaF_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
oxford
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is not android 76, This is Oxford's email. I would appreciate a

response. And some help getting phone service also. Thanks

0 Likes