Any one else upset about the "NEW" one time non-waivable fee to add a new device?
janie_b

I was just informed while trying to purchase a new phone that as of 4.22.2012 that I must pay a $30.00 ONE TIME NON-WAIVABLE FEE. This is unheard of. Is anyone else upset about this? I have been a long time customer and this is the best service they are offering me? Lets do some quick math...$30.00 times 1 million customers...gosh....thats 1 million extra for offering NOTHING in return. This is a deal breaker for me and I am looking at other carriers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Any one else upset about the "NEW" one time non-waivable fee to add a new device?
poidude
Enthusiast - Level 3

AT&T and Sprint charge $36, T-Mobile charges $18. It's unfortunate that Verizon decided to follow suit, but all the major players now charge some kind of "upgrade" fee.

If I were the head marketing guy, I would have just added $29.99 to the cost of each phone. In the end, they get the same amount of $$$ but they could have marketed themselves as being "upgrade fee free unlike the 'other' guys."

0 Likes