Any ideas on how I can reasonably priced get two decent smartphones with one upgrade?
Mr-T
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 4 phones, 700 shared minutes and unlimited text.  Already costs 160 bucks.  Would love to make 2 phones data package leave other 2 talk/text; only one upgrade available.  any ideas on how i can make this happen without having to sell my first born?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Any ideas on how I can reasonably priced get two decent smartphones with one upgrade?
AZSALUKI
Legend

are you asking about purchasing the 2 smartphones, or about the monthly plans? because both will be fairly expensive. the new share everything plans would cost you $190 (prior to taxes) per month just to share 1 gig between the 2 smartphones....$210 to share 4 gigs (prior to taxes). you may be able to keep your current plan and add 2 data packages at $30 each. that would be $220/month (based on you stating that you currently pay $160). if you only have one upgrade available, then your best bet would be to call and ask verizon about a certified preowned device (usually about half price of the full retail price) or check out ebay. i believe the cheapest smartphones start at $400 (and they are the very low end smartphones). you can find pretty nice ones on ebay for $200-300.

0 Likes
Re: Any ideas on how I can reasonably priced get two decent smartphones with one upgrade?
Mr-T
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was asking about both.  You answered the same as what i found so far.  It is just expensive.  I just don't know how some of these families all have smartphones, iphones, droid, etc. I can't afford 200+ per month and purchase smartphones too.  I would just like me and wife to have email, web avail., text and the kids to have text only.  it is just too expensive i guess.  i really appreciate your answer though.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yeah....my wife and i have smartphones, but my son just has a basic phone. it really is expensive, but i travel a great deal and use it A LOT on the road. "if" you don't use much data at all (over the network....you could use as much as you want on wifi) then the new share everything plans aren't "too" bad, but they are still expensive. and i agree, i don't know how some families i know do it? mom, dad, 3 kids....all with iphones. you're looking at at least $350/month!!!!

0 Likes
Mr-T
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly why my wife will prob be the only one that gets the smartphone for now.  i cant spend a car payment on phones a month.  not too many things are inexpensive enough where larger families can do things anymore.  just have to wait for kids to get older so they can get their own i guess.  i don't think all these kids need the data packages anyways.  ridiculous if you ask me that some of these parents get them that expensive of item.  oh well, just me complaining again.  wish i could get paid for complaining... then i could afford to get my iphone.