Android 4.4.4 On Galaxy S5 Battery drain
Skyewatch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone else having same issues? After 8/03/2014 software update on two seperate phones my battery life went from lasting 2 days without charging to barely 12 hours if lucky. No settings changed and issue follows 2 different Galaxy S5's If I turn WIFI off now I might get a full day out of the phone but with WIFI on I am lucky to get 10 hours before charging battery.

Verizon this has got to be the worst upgrade ever! Please revert back or fix the bug.

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android 4.4.4 On Galaxy S5 Battery drain
robshark19
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had to perform a factory reset (wipes all data, be sure to back up everything first) in order to fix mine.  My battery life seems to have reverted almost back to normal (only been 2-3 days since reset).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
robshark19
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same issue.  Only getting about 6 hours of battery life.  Phone is very warm to the touch...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, robshark19. This may be caused by an app that is not working properly after the OS update. Before trying a master reset, I recommend Clearing the Cache Partition set up on your phone. To do this please Follow these steps up until Step 4:http://vz.to/1uorSMg

Once you reach Step 4, please choose Wipe Cache Partition, instead of Factory Reset/Wipe Data. Then complete the steps to reboot once down with the Cache Wipe. (This does not wipe or fully erase your phones content.

This can help stop a lot of these issues.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Skyewatch
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried this fix with both our phones and still have the same lousy battery drain issues with WIFI turned on, It seems very chatty and the phone gets hot after a while with WIFI on where it did not do this before the upgrade.I am seeing tons of people complaining about the same thing after the upgrade. I have a sprint Galaxy S5 which has not done the upgrade yet and is still working just fine.

Verizon needs to fix the WIFI bug or revert the software back.

Of course once I ran the cache clear there is no longer any backup copies of the old software to revert to. This is probably the goal of verizon so you have to upgrade your phone..

Every so called software upgrade in my experience has only hendered the performance of the phones lifespan.

0 Likes
robshark19
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had to perform a factory reset (wipes all data, be sure to back up everything first) in order to fix mine.  My battery life seems to have reverted almost back to normal (only been 2-3 days since reset).

0 Likes
Skyewatch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info. . I will give it a try.

0 Likes