Alarm Clock
BobBBob

The best way to explain this is to post what I sent to motorola then to verizon.  Verizon just sent me a clip of the manual for my phone.  No help, as I know how to use the feature I just think it is stupid. Does anyone know how to get a different alarm.  Or,  Does anyone know who to contact that may give a **bleep**?

" I recently sent this to Motorola but I think it should have gone to you..."I recently purchased one of your V750 phones from Verizon Wireless. I have always owned Motorola phones so I had no reservations about purchasing another one. My previous phone was an Alltel E815. When I got home I set it up as close to my old phone as I could. That included setting my alarm for work(I set a backup alarm since I did not exactly how yours would work). The next morning I wake up, press some random side button to get the alarm to snooze. Then 1/2 hr later my backup alarm goes off. I look at your phone and it is still waiting for user input. It is asking if I want to snooze or dismiss. Do you know anybody that wants to go through menus when they hit snooze?? Have you ever bought an alarm clock that made you jump through hurtles to get it to snooze?? I could see if you ignored it's question, it would just default to snooze. But, no. It stays silent until you answer it. I was hoping that you may be able to include a change for this in a near future software upgrade for this phone. Or even better for you, offer an alarm for download. Then you could charge for it. Thanxs alot for reading. I hope you take my request seriously. Scott Wiebenga" In case you do not know I have a Motorola V750. I hope maybe you can do something about this. Your service has been good but this does frustrate me. It may seem small. But when you rely on your phone's alarm, then you buy a phone with a messed up alarm it kinda sucks. I am stuck with it for 2 years minimum. Really for Verizon, a download would be best.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Alarm Clock
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Hi!   I see it prompted you to go through a menu after hitting snooze with both the alarm and backup alarm set.   Does it still do this with no backup alarm set?   I was thinking maybe it's the backup alarm that's causing this.   Not sure, just a thought.   I agree with you . . . who wants to shuffle through menu's with the snooze function.   Kinda defeats the whole purpose of snooze for sure.   The only workaround that I can think of right now is to see if there's a separate alarm program you could download from Get-it-Now.   I don't personally know if there is one but if I see one I'll post back.

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
BobBBob
No no no. The back up alarm was a seperate alarm clock, plugged into the wall.  I checked "get it now".  There is not an alarm.  I asked verizon if they might be able to add one to "get it now".  They ignored that part of the e-mail...twice.
0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Bob.   Sorry, I misunderstood.  Gez, this is bad.   I was with my friend just the other day at Verizon and he bought the Touch and for him one of the most important functions was . . . the Alarm Clock as well.   At the time, this suprised me but I see people really depend on that feature.   Anyway, he got it to work but I doubt he tried the snooze feature.   I'll tell him to try that.

I wish I had a solution but I don't.   I'm in here all the time and I promise that if I see a workaround I'll post it.  The snooze feature as configured now is a JOKE!   I totally agree with you.   The whole idea is to hit a button and "snooze" . . . not play 20 questions :smileysad: .   Unreal huh?

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
BobBBob
I guess if Verizon actually showed some interest in my question/suggestion I would have been a little happier.
0 Likes