Adding hotspot to unlimited data plan
Jay968
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am on an unlimited data plan (grandfathered in) and was looking at options to add the hotspot feature. I see that for $30 a month I can add the hotspot and it is implying that this hotspot will be unlimited as well.

Is this so??

Labels (1)
Re: Adding hotspot to unlimited data plan
Jay968
Enthusiast - Level 3

BTW, I am on the 4G data plan.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes that is correct at this point and time.  It is always possible that things can change in the future.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jay968
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok so out of curiosity, if I were to add a Jetpack to my account (so that my wife can use it with her ipad) would this also qualify for unlimited data?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A Jetpack mobile broadband device must use one of the currently available tiered 4G data plans for that class of device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jay968
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK another question now;

So I am on the unlimited data and also have unlimited hotspot for another $30. What I am seeing unfortunately though is that the Rezound, which is what I am using is pretty unreliable as a hotspot, as it loses connectivity all too often and its 4G connectivity at least in my area is not so good. So, I am actually considering going back to my iphone.

Now if I do this, do I lose anything? Namely either my unlimited data or the unlimited hotspot (or is this unlimited hotspot a feature only allowable with a 4G phone).

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you go back to the iPhone you should keep your unlimited data plan (at this time). The 3G mobile hotspot only allows for 2 GB per month. I don't recall the price of it at that level. When the shared data plans are announced and in force that could change.

You might want to check the support page for your phone and verify that you have the latest software version of your phone. The hotspot connection problems if it was a know issue could be addressed in system updates. Of course, there is the ICS operating system update that is also coming eventually.

0 Likes
ilad

Hi,

i  have some questions. I have a 4G phone with an unlimited data plan. I want to add the hot spot feature. Reading comments in this thread i understand the add on is an additional $30 for unlimited hot spot. So is this unlimited for both 3G/4G?  How do you add, this hot spot add on? Are there any caps on the unlimited data on my 4G phone and hot spot via the phone?

I have 4 lines sharing the minutes, one of the sharers doesn't use their phone and we want to delete this additional line. Does this effect our unlimited data plan? This line we are wanting to delete is a basic phone and no data plan. Can we delete it at anytime without effecting our unlimited data plan?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, ilad-

Great question! I'd love to help you get to most our of our services! The 30$ hotspot can be used in 4G and 3G service areas. The data is for your line, but the hotspot can be used by the other devices. You can remove the hotspot anytime without penalty as it is just a feature. Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jay968
Enthusiast - Level 3

The unlimited hotspot feature is not an option if you do not have a 4G phone on your account. However, my question is...if I DO have a 4G phone with this feature and switch to a 3G phone instead, do I still have this feature or does it disappear?

0 Likes