Account hacked + Poor Verizon customer service
ronyrodr

My Verizon wireless online account was hacked this week, and there was a unauthorized purchase for an iPhone in my account. I called Verizon Fraud prevention service to tell them of the unauthorized purchase. Not once but 3-4 times because I kept getting emails about order confirmation, shipment ..etc. Every time I called Verizon, I was told that the order was cancelled and I should not worry about it. Yet, yesterday, I received a shipment of the unauthorized purchase delivered to my address. My problems did you end there. When I called Verizon yet again about this order and told them that I received the order, they asked me, the victim, to go to a verizon store, get a return mail label, and ship it back to Verizon, else I will be charged to the phone. I had to go through the anxiety of knowing my account was hacked and on top of that, after all the calls I made to Verizon, I am being asked to rectify a situation for which I am not responsible. Upon my request, they did not even agree to send a courier to pick up the package.

Sharing this, because even though this may not be an everyday occurrence, I think others should know about this level of service from Verizon to its customers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Account hacked + Poor Verizon customer service
ronyrodr

The story continues. After going through all this trouble and also *returning* the shipment from the unauthorized purchase, I get a bill to pay $700+ for equipment. Now I need to go through more trouble trying to sort this out.

Cannot wait for my contract to expire to switch carriers.

0 Likes
Re: Account hacked + Poor Verizon customer service
Not applicable

You can switch now. T-Mobile is paying off early termination fees. The base plans of unlimited everything is cheaper than Verizon.

But you have to pay full price for your device on their service, you have to trade in a working smart phone and the coverage may not be good where you live and travel. It's a risk.

Now if you have done a scan to see if the device was returned you are not responsible for the $700 you need only write a certified return receipt letter to the bill address and dispute the charge. Explain that the scans show Verizon has it back and that now you will file a small claims court case which you will recoup the $700 plus the filing fees and the cost of the certified letter as well as the cost per hour to go to court. Put all this is the suit.

Verizon will contact you and you then can get this all taken care of.

A hassle I know.

Good Luck