AT & T and other plans
Pongee

I am currently paying $237 for 4 lines. At & T now offering $40 per month per line. I would prefer to stay with Verizon but the difference is significant. What about it Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: AT & T and other plans
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What exactly are you paying for now? Number of lines? How much data? Nationwide Plan or Share Everything Plan?

You should also verify the conditions associated with the offer at AT&T. It might involved signing up for their AT&T Next payment plan or purchasing the phones at full retail price. You should factor those costs into your decision.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rcschnoor
Legend

Keep in mind, that $40/month would be if you bring a compatible phone to AT&T, purchase a new phone at full retail price OR enter into their Next plan which spreads out the full retail cost over 24 months. The amount of $40/line DOES NOT include the price of the phone(s). If you purchase new phones up front, the cost can be upwards of $2000. If you join the Next plan and spread out the cost over 24 months, the cost of phones could increase your monthly bill by more than $100/month depending on the phone.

You can get a similar deal at Verizon by purchasing new phones on Verizon's Edge plan.

Regardless, you should go with whatever provider and plan you feel most comfortable with.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Pongee

4 lines – Family Plan

#of lines = 4

Data = 1 line unlimited, 2 lines 2mb

Plan is Nationwide (I think)??

Thank you,

Donald

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Pongee

Thank you,

Donald

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

rcschnoor wrote:

Keep in mind, that $40/month would be if you bring a compatible phone to AT&T, purchase a new phone at full retail price OR enter into their Next plan which spreads out the full retail cost over 24 months. The amount of $40/line DOES NOT include the price of the phone(s). If you purchase new phones up front, the cost can be upwards of $2000. If you join the Next plan and spread out the cost over 24 months, the cost of phones could increase your monthly bill by more than $100/month depending on the phone.

You can get a similar deal at Verizon by purchasing new phones on Verizon's Edge plan.

Regardless, you should go with whatever provider and plan you feel most comfortable with.

Good luck.

Just a correction. The Next plans are either 20 months or 26 months. Next 12 you pay over 20 months but you can upgrade after 12. Next 18 you pay over 26 months but you can upgrade after 18 months.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of getting the best value for your money Pongee. Which calling plan are you currently on? How many lines do you have with us? Have you checked out our new More Everything plans? For more information regarding our More Everything plans click, http://vz.to/1ja4rAJ

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes