ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TL / VZ supported ??
scotch

Does anyone have information about Verizon's possible support for this Asus "Phablet" ??

http://www.asus.com/us/Tablets_Mobile/ASUS_Transformer_Pad_TF300TL/#specifications

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TL / VZ supported ??
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's a GSM network device. It is incompatible with the CDMA network used by Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
scotch

Ann154,

Are sure about that ? According to the Asus spec sheet lists network standard  as :

LTE

HSPA+ UL:5.76 Mbps/DL:42 Mbps

LTE UL:50 Mbps/DL:100 Mbps

3G :

WCDMA :

850/900/2100

2G :

GSM : 850/900/1800/1900,

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LTE is different frequency bands around the world.  The device would need the specific band(s) Verizon Wireless is using.  The WCDMA is GSM technology and is different from the CDMA used by Verizon Wireless.

Also the IMEI/MEID number isn't in Verizon Wireless' database.  Since it isn't in the database, the system will not recognize it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
scotch

Ann154,

Thanks for your feedback.& explanation. I guess its...wait'n see time again if VZ will recognize supporting  the TF300TL. This IS cutting edge stuff , wish they weren't so sluggish in providing its customers with... " the here & now".

0 Likes
willzzz
Enthusiast - Level 2

That would require VZW to certify the device on its network based on its current network policy of getting hardware manufacturers to include the VZW specific 700MHz band on its network. I don't see VZW's LTE bands in the specs.

You CAN however use that device on AT&T's UMTS/HSPA+ network in the US. I don't see 1900MHz so no T-Mobile unless ASUS has a misprint (most of these devices also have 1900MHz allowing it to be used in T-Mobile's refarmed/upgraded areas).

0 Likes