APPROACHING MINUTE OVERAGE ALERT
pat1234

It would be very good customer service for Verizon Wireless to automatically text customers every time they are approaching going over their plan.  My usage changes in the course of the year, with summer my busiest time.  If I had this alert, I would upgrade my plan immediately, which would surely result in more income than one month's a la carte minute charges.   Or maybe they want to hit you with the highest possible rate on extra minutes, knowing you will probably upgrade the next month.  In any event, this is an area of customer service that would be very appreciated, and its non-existence is an area of dissatisfaction with VZW.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: APPROACHING MINUTE OVERAGE ALERT
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2

As far as I know, they are sporadically sending out Usage Alerts, pointing out trends in customers usage. I think it depends if you are a VIP customer. You can check with Customer Service if you have not recieved any literature from VZW.

Otherwise, a quick #MIN (#646) is all you need to check your minute usage.

0 Likes
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1

You don't need to be a VIP customer, you just need to register with MyVerizon. Minute Check is part of MyVerizon.

0 Likes
mmmcheezy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't count on the alert message...they don't always get to you with minute check or with a VIP status.

Best option is to take responsibility of your usage...#MIN/#DATA from your phone to monitor your usage, or your My Verizon account.

0 Likes
Shirozato
Love it! Exactly right... lets face it, our cell phone usage is our own responsibility. 
0 Likes
cynic

My wife just got a text message from Verizon, but what I want to know:  How are Verizon unlimited in-network calls and incoming calls calculated.  I think Verizon is trying to pressure her into purchasing a more expensive plan, while she has not come close to using her minutes.  Do the unlimited in-network calls count against the 450 minutes (we are in the 39.99 America's Choice plan)?

And she spoke to 4 different Verizon cust service reps and got 4 different answers.  It is quite confusing.

0 Likes
mmmcheezy
Enthusiast - Level 3

The 450 minute price plan does include unlimited mobile to mobile calling, or the unlimited in-network calls.  They will not be counted against her peak or anytime minutes.  If you were to check her minute usage, It would list it as peak, off-peak/nights & weekends, in-calling peak & in-calling off-peak.  You only need to count the first set that says peak.  The rest are unlimited and will not count against her peak usage. 

It's basically impossible for her m2m calls to be billed.  There've been issues in the past where the minutes have been calculated properly, but on the bill it charges for calls that are clearly listed as in-calling.  But that is much easier to verify.  So basically, if it doesn't say in-calling or m2m, it isn't.

0 Likes
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon to Verizon call minutes are not counted against your 450 minutes. Unless the person calling you blocks their caller id.

Verizon does not offer any plans with free incoming calls unless the call is a Verizon to Verizon call.

0 Likes