A very Rude and Unhelpful Senior Sales Rep
GenMacArthur

I finally decided to upgrade my old Droid phone to the new Droid Maxx today. I drove 40 minutes away to a Verizon store in Gainesville, FL located on Archer Road and spoke with a "Tommy" who also just so happened to be the "Senior Sales Representative". I told him that I wanted to upgrade to the new Maxx and he asked me if I wanted a case with it and I said no I just want the phone. He gave me a very sharp look and told me that "You really should get a phone case because you'll probably wind up breaking it if you don't." He said this in a direct manner as if he expects me to break it. Then when I told him that I didn't mind losing the unlimited internet limit on my phone line for the sake of upgrading my phone to the new Edge program he laughed really loud and said that "You'd be making a mistake. You should just buy the phone outright." I can't afford it outright that's the reason I came in to get the edge program in the first place! Then after that he went on to tell me that I don't qualify for either the Edge program, a 12 month payment plan for the phone, or anything! He just blew me off telling me that I just need to buy it at full price or I can find something else. I asked him why I couldn't get any of the new plans and he said that my "credit isn't good enough." I got so angry and fustrated I just told him no thanks and I would call Verizon directly. When I called Verizon over the phone, not only was I qualified to do the Edge program, the sales rep on the other end made it a point to be courteous and get everything squared away. So instead of having my new Droid Maxx today I have to wait until next Tuesday before it will even ship. If you're ever at the Gainesville, FL Archer Road location avoid "Tommy" because he acts like a know-it-all and seems to assume everyone knows nothing and isn't afraid to be rude to people. That's the shining example of a Senior Sales Rep eh? I sure hope not.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: A very Rude and Unhelpful Senior Sales Rep
budone
Legend

Reps online are not under a commission program

0 Likes
Ridiculous17

I quit going in the stores. I get so much better help on the phone.  I haven't met a sales person in the store that has my best interest or deal but rather than their sale and or commission.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ridiculous17, making sure you receive top-notch customer service support at all times is vital. We are sorry to hear about your in-store experience. All of your feedback is truly appreciated. We will be able to assist you with all of your account needs directly from this platform.

Here is a helpful link http://vz.to/2pmYJEd to view additional methods on how to contact us.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes