A few questions about the ETF
RobAlister

Hello, I have Verizon Home Phone Connect and had a few questions about canceling the service.

1. When I cancel the service will I have to pay the ETF right then and there? Or will I get a bill for it?

2. After paying the ETF will I have to return the device or can I keep it?

3. Once I have paid the ETF will I receive an invoice (or receipt) as proof that I have paid?

4. Will canceling affect my credit negatively?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: A few questions about the ETF
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

1, You will get a bill for the ETF as well as the final month of service.

2. You can keep the device as long as you are past the initial 14 day term.  If you purchased from third party retailer, that retailer may have additional conditions.  Check your paperwork.

3. Yes.  The same as any other payment you make.

4. No, as long as you pay in full all that you owe.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/customer-agreement

WHAT HAPPENS IF MY POSTPAY SERVICE IS CANCELED BEFORE THE END OF MY CONTRACT TERM?

If you're signing up for Postpay Service, you're agreeing to subscribe to a line of Service either on a month–to–month basis or for a minimum contract term, as shown on your receipt or order confirmation.  (If your Service is suspended without billing, that time doesn't count toward completing your contract term.) Once you've completed your contract term, you'll automatically become a customer on a month–to–month basis for that line of Service. If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee.  If your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device, your early termination fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. Otherwise, your early termination fee will be $175 minus $5 for each full month of your contract term that you complete.  Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then.  Also, if you bought your wireless device from an authorized agent or third–party vendor, you should check whether they charge a separate termination fee.

View solution in original post

ttipgem
Master - Level 1

1, You will get a bill for the ETF as well as the final month of service.

2. You can keep the device as long as you are past the initial 14 day term.  If you purchased from third party retailer, that retailer may have additional conditions.  Check your paperwork.

3. Yes.  The same as any other payment you make.

4. No, as long as you pay in full all that you owe.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/customer-agreement

WHAT HAPPENS IF MY POSTPAY SERVICE IS CANCELED BEFORE THE END OF MY CONTRACT TERM?

If you're signing up for Postpay Service, you're agreeing to subscribe to a line of Service either on a month–to–month basis or for a minimum contract term, as shown on your receipt or order confirmation.  (If your Service is suspended without billing, that time doesn't count toward completing your contract term.) Once you've completed your contract term, you'll automatically become a customer on a month–to–month basis for that line of Service. If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee.  If your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device, your early termination fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. Otherwise, your early termination fee will be $175 minus $5 for each full month of your contract term that you complete.  Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then.  Also, if you bought your wireless device from an authorized agent or third–party vendor, you should check whether they charge a separate termination fee.

RobAlister

Thank you for answering my questions. I really, really appreciate it! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
kel63

Why are there Verizon surcharges on my ETF?  I didn't receive any service, just being charged fees.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We miss you already, kel63. The surcharges are not related to costs for access charges. These fees are related to regulatory and administrative cost associated with account. Why did you decide to stop the service?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
kel63

I left because I could get more data, 4 smart phone lines (as opposed to three) and better customer service for less than half the price at T-Mobile. I called before I left and was offered $15 off a month but had to commit to another year. Nobody did much to try to keep my business. Then I get the final bill and see that there are surcharges on the ETF. According to your bill, the surcharges are Verizon charges you choose to pass on to the customer. Doesn’t seem right that you choose to charge them to customers on the ETF since you’re making a ton of money from them anyway. I was not happy with Verizon before and I am really disappointed with Verizon now. I would NEVER recommend you to anyone.

0 Likes