A couple weeks ago my husband stopped into a Verizon store to get our jet pack (which we had for more than 3 years) fixed. The cable going into our computer kept coming loose. Quick fix, right? Well, the representative told him that our Jet pack was now o
CelestialLuxuries
Enthusiast - Level 1

A couple weeks ago my husband stopped into a Verizon store to get our jet pack (which we had for more than 3 years) fixed. The cable going into our computer kept coming loose. Quick fix, right? Well, the representative told him that our Jet pack was now obsolete so we would get the current one which would work much better.Great! While he was there, of course the rep told him that his phone was old and he was eligible for a new one. So she takes him from a plain jane phone to a smart phone. Now, I'm not sure why he agreed to that because he has never sent one text or taken one picture with a phone. Ok, fine, she told him our bill wouldn't be anymore than it already was. The way I had it set up it cost about $100.00/month for the phones and put the Jet pack on a sub-account for $120.00/month for 20 gigs as I need it for business. Bottom line - the bill is now over $400.00/month. They took out another $80.00 for who knows what. But the REAL kicker was: they made us pay out the contract on the Jet pack we had. to start a new contract with the new one they so courteously "gave" us. I am livid. Absolutely ready to blow my top. I am reporting them to the BBB, not that it will do any good. But after that I am starting an online campaign against these thieves.

I am generally very passive, but this has hit me the wrong way. The only saving grace is that since we have moved to this particular area of the Rocky Mountains where Verizon was the only game in town, several more internet companies are now in the area.

Has anyone else had anything similar happen? I have started reading posts but just so mad I had to write this before i read anymore. I am still livid, but ready to look to see if there is ever any resolution to these problems.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: A couple weeks ago my husband stopped into a Verizon store to get our jet pack (which we had for more than 3 years) fixed. The cable going into our computer kept coming loose. Quick fix, right? Well, the representative told him that our Jet pack was n
Not applicable

2 phones would be $80 plus $20 for the Jetpack so $100 plus taxes/fees. The 20 GB plan is $150. So that's $250. By the way that plan is now $40 GB is you take advantage of a promo. So you can get 30 GB for $130 if you're looking to save. You're first bill will be higher because of proation. You're bill is not going to be $400 every month. Unless you feel you should get free service for the first month.

Re: A couple weeks ago my husband stopped into a Verizon store to get our jet pack (which we had for more than 3 years) fixed. The cable going into our computer kept coming loose. Quick fix, right? Well, the representative told him that our Jet pack was n
CelestialLuxuries
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, of course I don't feel I should get a free month. Thank you for answering.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'm not trying to sound sarcastic. I'm just saying if I signed up for a $150 data plan for example in the middle of the month my first bill is gong to be $225 since Verizon charges in advance. the half month I'd be using and the next month's charges.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Definitely change your data to one of the free upgrade doubled ones.  You have to ask.  As mrhelper noted, you can either pay the same and get 40GB or pay $20 and get 30GB at $130.  Offer ends at end of this month. 

0 Likes
CelestialLuxuries
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am always calling and asking but I will do it again since I did not ask this past month and a half. I have always been told they never have any specials or packages on the Jet packs at least in our area.

That being said, on our neighborhood forum, internet speed and availability has been the hot topic this month. Since everyone is now starting to get high speed unlimited internet access for $60 a month, I'm hoping my post will be moot.

Thank you both for responding

0 Likes