90 day return policy for defective phone
DEBDIM94

I need a way past the general customer service and speak with executive relations.

I have a defective phone that continually turned off when trying to do the transfer content.

Now Verizon says that i will not get full credit for the past due

I spent the better part of the afternoon with a corporate rep on my phone trying to help me and the 90 day return policy is ridiculous.

requested a call back from a supervisor and am still waiting.

I get it they want their money and phone... I refuse to pay the $$ and am still trying to transfer content after which the phone will be returned

please help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 90 day return policy for defective phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The return policy period is 14 days not 90. Return Policy & Early Termination Fee | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

For the first 14 days a defective device will be replaced with a brand new out of the box unit that is the same make and model. Also, it can be returned or exchanged for a different device completely but you will be responsible for a $35 restocking fee. Day 15 through day 365, a defective will be exchanged with a Certified Like New Replacement (CLNR) device. After day 365 you are not due a replacement unless you have an extended warranty.

When did this issue with the device first arise?

0 Likes
DEBDIM94

here's the issue.... the old phone glitched out before data transfer and personal info was removed... Wasn't going to send in as a factory reset was not able to happen and personal info was still on phone... Verizon was made aware of issue and i was told to go to a repair shop because they couldn't be bothered to try and help with data transfer.

fast forward to yesterday no email, no text, no voicemail that service will be suspended. so i have no phone as well as the other 2 lines on the account, needless to say husband and 15yr old was in for a rude surprise.

I was finally able to transfer content and will be sending phone for return

I want my service to be re-instated and no balance... Im a long term customer of all services and that should say something

So i need another route into customer service as i have dealt with the general customer [removed] talk and tired of it

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Financial Services can be reached at 866.266.1445.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help DEBDIM94. I know how important it is to make sure you've transferred your information to the replacement phone. I apologize for all the inconvenience and troubles this situation has caused.

Just to be clear, was your service interrupted because of a past due balance on the account? Were you charged for not returning your defective phone after it was replaced? Were you able to contact our Financial Service team for assistance with reconnecting the service?

Please reply to the Direct Message I sent so we can access your account and further assist.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Aaaaaah...you received a CLNR and didn't send the original back in time.

Yeah. You're gonna have to send that back. Hopefully they will take the balance off when it is received. You gotta follow the terms of service. You agreed to it when you signed the contract.

I am glad that you were able to recover your data but why did it take so long? Three months seems like a long time. Verizon gave you 90 days to return the device to them. When they send you a replacement, one of those devices is theirs. They don't care which one you send back as long as you send back one. They waited for 90 whole days and you didn't. They have every right to charge you and suspend your service. How long do you think you should have to return something that doesn't belong to you?

0 Likes
BLAONI19

If you keep it more than 90 days, you will not get credit for the device. With the many ways there are to backup the phone, and restore it to itself or a new device, it shouldn't take more than a few hours to overnight. I recently did a backup and restore. Took me 30 minutes tops.

0 Likes