$75.00/month plan really $125/month????
New2ThisVerizonThing
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay, before I switched service providers, I did my research in comparing plan features and rates. I was told that the $75.00/month unlimited talk & text plan with 2GB data would more than suffice for my needs.  However, I just received my bill and the monthly cost is $77.50 plus $39.48 in "surcharges and other charges" for a grand total of $125.54. What the heck are these extra fees?? If you pitch a plan for $75/month, I expect to pay $75/month.  Is that such a crazy idea? Can anybody explain to me what these fees are and whether I can expect this Tomfoolery every month? Was I bamboozled? Is there a grace period for canceling and/or switching back to your old provider?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: $75.00/month plan really $125/month????
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Look at the detailed bill for the breakdown of the charges.

I suspect there is the Activation Fee in there plus a partial month of usage charges.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Look at the detailed bill for the breakdown of the charges.

I suspect there is the Activation Fee in there plus a partial month of usage charges.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Jiminraleigh
Contributor - Level 2

I suspect that you were not told about the new charges that VZN has started charging.  IE. Activation, unspecified "other" charges and tax.  That should bring you into the 120.00 range. 

Signing up for the Rolls Royce of service providers has a cost to it....but the service (voice and text) is the very best.  Data is the worst.

Google "unlimited everything" and see who provides that in your area... I have it for $25.00 and it is perfect/flawless.

Not applicable

fist of all your bill will tell you EXACTLY why you are charged what. No mystery there. all you have to do is look at it. Second there is going to be a $35 activation fee. Thirdly your first bill will always be higher because you are charged in advance so you first bill contains this month and next months charges. So A) look at your billing details. B) Wait until your bill comes in the 2nd month before blowing a gasket.

Also a $75 priced plan will not include taxes and fees. No carrier lists taxes and fees in their pricing. Also unless you got some special deal the 2 GB plan is $90 a month not $75.

ponyruns
Contributor - Level 3

The single line plan is $75 per month for 2GB it does not allow for the mobile hotspot option.  As for the rest of your reply yes Verizon charges upfront for service so your first bill will be higher and I do believe that is listed in the fine print on the paper work you receive when you sign up.

New2ThisVerizonThing
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, thanks for the replies Ann, Jim and Pony. I looked at the detailed breakdown. Jiminraleigh, you were right - I was not told about the $35 activation fee and that's what jumped the bill up higher than what I was expecting.  randomusername001 - The 2 GB plan IS currently $75 a month, not $90, thanks.

0 Likes