4G LTE Coverage
Boatzo

I was told by a Verizon rep that 4G LTE coverage would be available in my area in 2013. I see that all additions on 4 G coverage are in metro  areas. I live in a very rural area in Eastern Virginia and the current coverage for my wireless internet leaves much to be desired. Will 4G coverage be extended to rural areas in the future and when?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Coverage
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon has stated that they expect their entire 3G footprint to be covered by 4G by the end of 2013.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are some very rural areas in the middle of USA that have 4G LTE from Verizon Wireless. As mentioned earlier they plan to cover the entire 3G footprint by the end of 2013. It might actually be mid 2013 if their last announcement comes true.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Just keep in mind, when 4G does come, don't plan to use it as your full time connection. It will get very expensive, very quickly

rolliby

We are surrounded by 4G, but only get 3G. It will be nice when 4G is available (already have the devices). The family needs online courses available and can't study right now - too slow Smiley Sad Trips into town getting expensive due to the gas $$$! Lol, but it would be great if it happens mid-2013...

0 Likes
Boatzo

What added costs are associated with 4G over 3g? I am not aware of any different charges unless one exceeds the data limit on the plan?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Boatzo wrote:

What added costs are associated with 4G over 3g? I am not aware of any different charges unless one exceeds the data limit on the plan?

Yes, that would be the reason it could get very expensive, very quickly. That and increasing your data limit to meet your needs if they are large.

0 Likes
budone
Legend
The overages was my point. It sounded like the minute 4G is available, home Internet will be dumped. Just think about the online courses, are their videos of presentations? Live webcasts?  You can go through 10GB in a few days.
0 Likes
B33
Legend

A good point to Bear in Mind there Uncle B!  mine Jumped Quite a bit since going to 4G glad i have the Plan i have or it would be phones out the Door in the b33 House b

0 Likes
Boatzo

I am not too concerned about the additional data usage here although I feel that usage will certainly increase with 4G. Currently we only use approx 2.5 gb of our 5 gig allowance. We do not have many options for internet connection here. There is no DSL, our choices are dial up, Hughes Net, and Verizon wireless. We currently use VZ wireless and it is better than dial up but still not all that fast. I am anxious to see what 4g will deliver, but I am seriously considering Hughes Net Gen 4.

0 Likes