3G to 1X...WHY?!?!?!??
lsh1217

My service has been going from 3G to 1X since 6pm on 2/17/14. Today is 2/20/14 and I need service terribly!! I have taken out the SIM card for 24hrs-nothing, reset my whole iPad 3-nothing, I have turned off my iPad 3 for 24hrs and STILL nothing!! I am very irritated about this because I have work to do and can't do it without my iPad! My area code is 45458 and I need answers within the next 24hrs. I had to go through this last year...I WILL SWITCH COMPANIES IF NEED BE!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 3G to 1X...WHY?!?!?!??
Django137

I'm having the same issue today, although it seems to have started after noon.  "could not activate cellular data network" 

I'm in Boston, on a iPhone 4S.   Is there a service issue in the area, or is it my iPhone!?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No reason to switch, Django137. We are here for you. We want to get that tablet up and running for you ASAP, so you are not missing out on any kind of work. Sounds like you have done a lot of the basic troubleshooting steps. Let's try resetting the Network settings. Tap on Settings, General, Scroll to the bottom, Tap on RESET, and tap on Reset Network Settings. Once that has been completed power the tablet off and back on. Keep us posted on the outcome.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lsh1217
Actually genius, that was MY question. I have another one, if I told you that I reset my WHOLE iPad (that includes network settings) and that obviously DID NOT work, what is turning it on and off going to do? Let me tell you exactly what it did. Absolutely nothing! I will be switching to Cricket within the next week. You all are terrible.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this service issue lsh1217! Thanks for your troubleshooting efforts! I checked my resources and I don't see any issues noted for Dayton. Is this issue occuring in a particular place (home, office, school)? Have you had consistent service in that particular location before? Does your service improve in other locations? No need to even consider moving to another network, we can get this resolved for you!

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
whatchawearing

1x in zipcode 32937. Satellite Beach Florida

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

whatchawearing We're sorry to hear you are experincing issues on Satellite Beach, FL. According to our alerts, there are not any issues in the area. What phone are you using? Can you make/receive calls/texts?

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
jenndeer

I am having the same issues with my iphone4s and have been experiencing this issue for a few months.  I have about reached my limit and am looking to jump ship as well.  My zip code is 35040.  Can someone help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jenndeer
Let's work with you and get to the bottom of this! I'm not seeing any reports in that area. What device do you have? Does service improve outdoors?

Sincerely,
JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @ VZWSupport

0 Likes
jenndeer

I have an iphone 4s and the coverage does not get any better or worse

moving from inside or outside or vice versa.

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes