3G extended network in eastern KY.
gizmo0706

Does anyone know when, or if, Verizon will ever sign an agreement with App. Wireless, the local provider of CDMA coverage in this area for 3g roaming for it's customers?  I live about 30 miles outside of the Verizon service network and can only get 2g speeds for data while on the extended network.  This is the only place I have ever been that I can't get 3g speed for data.  To add insult to injury, App. wireless customers, which get 3g here, can roam on Verizon's 3g network.   I am very happy with Verizon's service but cannot continue to be a customer if something doesn't get improved.  Please help!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 3G extended network in eastern KY.
jnoble777

It's been two months since this post with no replies.  It's still the same.  I don't understand how my friends who are Appalachian Wireless users in Eastern Kentucky can 3g roam on Verizon's network but I can't have extended 3g when I'm in their coverage area.  I thought these agreements were supposed to be reciprocal?  I have called Verizon multiple times and every time their customer service reps tell me "they don't tell us these things."  How am I ever supposed to know if the mysterious overlords at Verizon Wireless don't let the information get to their customers?

0 Likes
Re: 3G extended network in eastern KY.
Reagan0613

I was recently in a verizon 3G area and updated my phone (*228 option 2) and when I came back into the extended network it stayed with 3G. It now just says extended 3G. I hope this helps you out.

0 Likes