3G TO 4G
casc78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Quick question. I just changed my plan from 3g to 4g but I haven't changed my phone which is the Samsung fascinate. Will this mess up my service overall?

Also, trying to decide between Samsung note or II vs Apple phone. Thanks in advance for your input.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 3G TO 4G
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is no difference between the 3G and 4G data plans.  You need a 4G LTE device to access the 4G network.  The Samsung Fascinate is a 3G only smartphone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is no such thing as a 3G or 4G plan... data plans are the same regardless (although there are some promotions that require you to have a 4G phone and stay with a 4G phone).  Did you maybe change the GB associated with your data plan?

0 Likes
Not applicable

How did you change you plan from 3G to 4G when there is no need or way to change plans that way? What did you actually change?

0 Likes
casc78
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are right, I said that wrong. I changed from the unlimited plan to the new share everything plan. LOL!

0 Likes
casc78
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are right, I said that wrong. I changed from the unlimited plan to the new share everything plan. LOL!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ok so why did you give up unlimited to go with Share Everything? But to answer your original questions. No changing phones won;t mess anything up. As far as a Note II vs and Iphone. Well that are 2 totally different type of phones in my book. One has a 5.5" inch screen and the other is a 4" screen. Big difference. Obviously if you have a need for big screen the go for the note II. I can't comment on the Iphone since I can't stand Apple.

0 Likes