Enthusiast - Level 2

Just received the email with the tracking order... its all good

John Sims

Sent from my Droid X

0 Likes
Re: 3G Network Optimization / Data Throttling
Wildman
Legend

I really dont get how replacing the device would change anything if your connection is being throtted (If they was throttling your connection because that a networt thing not a device thing)...  But oh well if it is concidered a solution for you that is good..

Good Luck with the Nexus, I am sure we wil hear back from you again...  Read up on the device you will see why I say this..

0 Likes
SimsDelt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Negative... negative... I already have an extended battery ordered. Also they consider that I have upgraded to 4G plan that even if I'm on 3G I will not be throttled. guaranteed.

John Sims

Sent from my Droid X

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Not negitive, truth...  If they was throttling you originally they would not just stop because you got another device... 

I hope this resolves your issue but I just dont see how changing devices resolved it....

0 Likes
SimsDelt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with you... don't know why it would fix the problem... but I was told directly if I went to the 4G plan or a tiered 3G data plan that the throttling wouldn't be in effect.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

SimsDelt wrote:

I agree with you... don't know why it would fix the problem... but I was told directly if I went to the 4G plan or a tiered 3G data plan that the throttling wouldn't be in effect.

There are not any 4G plans. However having a 4G device, even if not in a 4G service area will keep you from optimization. That is why I added the hotspot to use on my PC.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Never really realized that made any diffrencs Bud...  Thanks for the info, I went 4G shortly after the TB hit so I guess I didnt have time to notice this...

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Yeah the Optimization article states it. 3G here is a heck of alot faster than what I can get from an ISP. So VZW is my connection to the world. Can not wait to see what happens when 4G makes it here.

I avg, between hotspot and what I do on the device data  6GB/month.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have unlimited data and hotspot and I can say it is nice to have it, I have had times my internet had issues at home or work and I used it to due everything and never felt like I was using my mobile devices data access...  4G is a wonderful thing.. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Here is the land of storms, it is great also when the power is out. I still can watch storm coverage and even with 3G service, video is great!

0 Likes