Re: 3 bars of LTE with only kbps of throughput
Thundr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just had another Verizon Customer that is not on the Unlimited Plan, on an iPhone 7, stand outside in the parking lot and run a speed test and he got 54.6 Kbps Down, 881.2 Kbps.  This is crazy!  We are in town, with 3 bars of service.

0 Likes
Thundr
Enthusiast - Level 2

31.580075, -90.449338

AT&T iPhone 7 standing with us had 3 bars just like our Verizon phones, and got 12.18 Mbps Down, 14.44 Mbps Up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thundr, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue. Did you recently update the software on your phone or download a new application to it?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Thundr
Enthusiast - Level 2

No software updates lately.  Many new Apps, but I took the phone to our local Verizon Wireless Retailer (right across the street from here) and they tried 3 different sim cards and reset multiple settings with no success.  I have even wiped the phone and started over.  Their suggestion was to just use wifi.  That is what they do at their office.  Less than a half a mile from here, I was getting 35Mbps down earlier today with 3 bars.  It isn't just my phone.  This location is a bank.  When I get clients that have Verizon and are willing, I get them to go outside with me and run speed tests.  They get the same results.  Several employees, both iPhones and Android get the same.  Your engineers need to drive this area and figure out why three bars here are horrible for data here, but in other areas of Brookhaven, it is phenomenal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thundr, your efforts thus far are appreciated. We're stepping in to help. The security of the contents in that bank's building are protected by the materials that it was built with. Those materials may be restricting wireless reception from penetrating this building structure. I apologize. No wireless provider can guarantee services in all building structures. You mentioned that you have service when you leave this location. That clue suggests that this is an isolated issue in that area. Did we uplift this issue to our network support team by submitting a trouble ticket for your area?

LasinaH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Thundr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not been referring to inside the bank.  I am referring to outdoor areas, outside the bank and for a good sized area of Brookhaven near the bank, on our main road, Brookway Boulevard.  The service at one time was stellar here (even inside the bank for that matter), but has degraded heavily here while increasing in other areas of the city in about the last 6 months.  This area contains multiple restaurants, banks, strip mall, grocery store, various small business, the Verizon Retailer, and our movie theater.  No one has sent this issue to your network support team by submitting a trouble ticket for our area that I am aware of.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a long time for this issue, Thundr. I will be sending you a private message so we can get to the bottom of this. ZangY_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes