3 bars of LTE with only kbps of throughput
DANTUR74
Enthusiast - Level 1

When are the engineers going to fix the nearly useless throughput problems in Liberty Lake WA zip 99019?  This has been ongoing for months.  During peak hours of the day, I often can't even get a speedtest to be successful, when it is, my download speed is 200kbps and upload speed is 1.5Mbps.  This isn't the Advanced LTE that Verizon advertises.  Several businesses have built up in this community but the wireless backbone doesn't seem to be enough to handle everyone.  I've done all the troubleshooting I'm willing to put up with.  I have several devices, they all have the same problem.  It's becoming unbearable.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: 3 bars of LTE with only kbps of throughput
Thundr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exact same issue in Brookhaven, MS (39601) down to the speedtest results.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to keeping you at top speed when and where you need it! Is this affecting only data connections or voice calls as well? Is the service affected both indoors and outdoors? 

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DANTUR74
Enthusiast - Level 1

For me it's only affecting data.  I've been through the whole troubleshooting routine too many times, clear this, clear that, turn this on, turn that off, get a new sim, replace the phone, etc.etc.  It makes me sick to think I spend what I do each month for service and work days when I'm on break/lunch, I can't even surf the web, stream anything, etc.  I had a ticket opened with the engineers for about two weeks, and the service got better, then they closed the ticket.  That was about a month and a half ago.  Now the slow-down is happening again.

From what I'm reading other posts in the the 4G/LTE section, it appears to be a widespread problem. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for these additional details, DANTUR74. Does this experience continue even after leaving the Liberty Lake area, and follow you into other zip codes/cities?

What type of device are you utilizing with your service? We want to review all the aspects regarding the network issues you are experiencing.

NicandroN_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DANTUR74
Enthusiast - Level 1

It really shouldn't matter what devices I'm using.  My question was when are the engineers going to do something about the slow bandwidth during peak hours.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thundr, we appreciate your business and never want you to have network connection issues. We're here to help you. When did you start having this experience. Please provide more details regarding your experience.

MarcusS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Thundr
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has been going on for about 4 months.  It happens outside of buildings.  I have 3-4 bars but the speed is very slow.  I notice it around the bank I work at.  You can go a mile north or south, still have 3-4 bars and the speeds are better.  I can go about 15 minutes north to my home city and I get phenomenal speeds.  I wonder sometimes if we are on the edge of two competing towers. 

0 Likes
Thundr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue in Brookhaven, MS (39601).  3 Bars of LTE but Speedtest is showing >700ms and I am getting 11Kbps Download and 1.1Mbps Upload.  Most tests get "Latency Error".  I am on an iPhone 7 Plus.  This has been going on for months.  I have had the local Verizon Authorized Retailer replace the SIM card twice, but still having the same problem.  Other Verizon customers in the area are experiencing the same problem.  15 Minutes up the road in Wesson, MS (39191) I get 20-40Mbps consistently.  Local authorized retailer said they have no clue, and suggested Wifi.  Calls sound like you are in a bucket and fade in and out also.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DANTUR74, let's get your data speed issue addressed. I understand that you've done troubleshooting on this issue before. From what you indicated, this resulted in a ticket for our engineers and a temporary improvement. To be able to move forward, we need to get a better understanding of your current situation. From what you said it appears that this is happening on multiple devices. Please tell us more about where exactly this is happening (indoors, outdoors, ETC.).

JoelR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes