Re: 2G/3G being snuffed out 1 Jan 2020 to make way for 4G LTE causing many problems.
mama23dogs
Legend

@jchssr51 wrote:

I personally like my "Flip Phone" and NOT every one WANTS a Smartphone!!! I don't want one even if I have to go to one. I can operate one just don't want it. All I want my Flip Phone for is in emergencies while traveling down the road. I still use a land line myself. Different strokes for different folks is what I say!!!!!

So get one that's VoLTE .  Last time I looked Verizon had 5 flip phones on its sales pages 

0 Likes
Re: 2G/3G being snuffed out 1 Jan 2020 to make way for 4G LTE causing many problems.
znel52

It is what it is. Technology advances, time marches on. You expect Verizon to keep 3G around for the 1% of people that have 3G only phones? Get a new flip phone or move to a new carrier. I'm sure Verizon doesn't care the small number of people still holding on to this old technology won't hurt their bottom line.

0 Likes
trial

Verizon should have a ceremony for those of us who are still clinging to our old flip phones.  Not unlike what the military does when the last of the WW2 veterans die. 

Or, at bare minimum, they should not make us pay for their newer basic phone and allow us to transfer our existing plans. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@trial wrote:

Verizon should have a ceremony for those of us who are still clinging to our old flip phones.  Not unlike what the military does when the last of the WW2 veterans die. 

Or, at bare minimum, they should not make us pay for their newer basic phone and allow us to transfer our existing plans. 

When it comes down to the wire, Verizon may indeed offer free or discounted new phones. AT&T did when they shut down 2G.   
as long as you still have a basic phone there's no reason you have to change your plans. You're only be forced on to a new plan if you change to a smart phone.

0 Likes
Pagraham0823

This just another way to get more money from loyal customers.  Should be illegal.  We are being forced to purchase other phones and does not seem right.  These phones are way too expensive.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Pagraham0823 wrote:

This just another way to get more money from loyal customers.  Should be illegal.  We are being forced to purchase other phones and does not seem right.  These phones are way too expensive.

🙄.  Eye rolls dude.  Your complaining about something that hasn’t happened yet.
Read my last post and chill out.  Your phone doesn’t have to be replaced for at least a full year, more likely 2.   When it comes down to the wire, then see what’s offered.   

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pagraham0823, 

We value each and every one of our customers, and we want to make sure you have access to an affordable device that you can enjoy on our network. Are you experiencing issues with your current device due to the network changes? We would love to assist with your options. 

MichelleH_VZW

Katsmuggins

Hey I have a smart phone through T-Mobile but I use a Verizon flip phone when I don't have service on my smartphone for Telecom calls because I'm a truck driver no reason to pay twice as much or $100 when the dang basic phone which I need it for is only $35 non prepaid to go that route T-Mobile is getting better and I'll just say f*** Verizon

0 Likes
mhubbell42
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone broke and I bought a replacement. Verizon will not let me connect to the only tower in my area with the new phone now. I have no service because the tower is not 4g. All of the other phones on my family's plan can still make calls on that tower. The policy should have an exception for an area that is only served by one tower.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having no service is understandably frustrating, mhubbell42. Let's investigate this further. What is the city that you're trying to use the phone in, and a nearby intersection? What make and model phone are you using now?

LynnE_VZW

0 Likes