21 month upgrade?
redsuns2k

I'm 21 months into my contract and my iphone 4 just broke. I called Verizon support and they said I am eligible to  buy a new phone and renew my contract  after 20 months. I then said would like to purchase an iPhone 5. she said I can get any phone except for phones made by Apple.  Is this true? if so I don't wish to waste my discount on any other phone. I will get a cheap eBay phone and wait until my 24 months at up.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 21 month upgrade?
rcschnoor
Legend

If you are eligible for an upgrade because you have completed 20 months of your 24 month contract, you can get any phone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

rcschnoor wrote:

If you are eligible for an upgrade because you have completed 20 months of your 24 month contract, you can get any phone.

Apple does not allow early upgrades.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Apple doesn't allow early upgrades that occur prior to the 20th month point in the contract. After that it is the regular upgrade point.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ann154 wrote:

Apple doesn't allow early upgrades that occur prior to the 20th month point in the contract. After that it is the regular upgrade point.

Well then someone needs to retrain that rep.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Or the poster is not sure on their upgrade date. One or the other

0 Likes
michelsen99
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, they only allow you to upgrade 4 months prior to your contract ending - per Apples agreement with them. And you can either pay apple $200 to replace your current phone for the same one, buy the iPhone 5 at retail price or find some cheap one off Amazon or Craigslist.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The 4 month prior requirement is not an Apple requirement, that is a  VZW requirement. Now VZW MAY allow an earlier upgrade by a couple weeks or so, but it can not be an Apple product.

0 Likes