$150 Rebate
Atrus5
Enthusiast - Level 2

The SCAM continues....

I wish I had seen this forum before switching to save the hassle of switching back to my previous carrier.

I was told via online chat that I would qualify for 2-$150 rebates when switching lines over by using the promo code "VZONEPLUS".  I thought it was an abbreviation for Verizon Zone Plus.  My submission was just rejected for ineligible phones. 

Now I understand it was an abbreviation for VeriZon One Plus.  I guess there is a Chinese manufacturer called One Plus and you have to use their phone for the rebate.  Who heard of such a company??  Why did the representative give me that promo code when they knew I was purchasing 2 new iPhone 11 Pros??

After this happened I mentioned to my daughter.  She looked at her husband and then back to me and told me Verizon promised them a $150 rebate when they switched in the store and never mentioned that they had to do anything further. They never received their rebate.  After calls to Verizon and revisits to the store they finally gave up without the rebate.  Sounds like just another "bait and switch" by the store personnel which is obviously rampant at Verizon and is ripe for a class action suit.

0 Likes
Re: $150 Rebate - A Scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the sitauuion as we want to see you get any eligible rebates. May I ask when was the purchase made? Did you port in your numbers from the previous carrier? 

0 Likes
Atrus5
Enthusiast - Level 2

On May 4th I ported in 2 lines from AT&T that I was told would be eligible for a $150 rebate.  IPhone 11 Pros were purchased on contract for these lines. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the additional information, Atrus5. We would like to continue this conversation in private to go over some information. Please reply to our Private Note at your earliest convenience.

0 Likes
Re: $150 Rebate
asomeshwar

I guess I am the latest victim as of this writing. Around May 14 of this year we transported 4 lines from AT&T to Verizon. Again, the deal was $150/line for transporting with no mention of any other paper work. I believe I called after about a month as to the dates when the "gift cards" or visa cards would be shipped. Was told wait for about 3 months. Called again last week and was told "did you send in some paperwork?" I said I am sure I did if that was asked of me. They said sorry, you did not send the necessary paperwork "in time" for this rebate cards !!! Amazing that this is allowed to happen with a company such as Verizon in broad daylight. I sincerely hope some judicial body hauls them up and forces them to pay and and also pay a hefty fine to Uncle Sam.

0 Likes
Re: $150 Rebate
Cotay
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish I would have seen this post when I switched. Same issue, we switched 3 lines and used the online code instead of the “in-store” code. The rep didn’t specify which code and both had the BYOD get 150 verbiage instead of BYOD in store get 150 vs BYOD online 150. We caught it and called our store rep, she made an entry into the system to show that we intended to use the correct code. We were told it could take several months to get through but that it shouldn’t be an issue. Now Verizon won’t honor it because it’s not within 30 days of purchase, granted we submitted within 1 week of purchase. I feel Verizon is purposefully vague with this information. I had high hopes but confidence has been violated with this company. Very shifty and difficult to work with.

Tags (2)
0 Likes