Re: $150 Rebate - A Scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We greatly value your time and are sorry to learn of the issues with the rebate, Captureyourworldraw. I would like to have your feedback submitted for further review as we do not want to see a valued customer leave. Please continue to work with our Rebate Team as they will be able to provide further information about the status of the rebate. ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
Smparent
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing here. I switched from Sprint. When I did, I had to buy off the phones from Sprint and traded them in at Verizon. I was promised $200 rebate for each phone I brought to Verizon. I brought four, and the rebate money was going to be used to offset the buy off money for the Sprint phones. The sales associate at the Verizon store never mentioned, pointed out, or otherwise, that I had to go online to apply for the rebates. Instead, he told me all I had to do was wait three billing cycles and I would automatically receive the rebates. Well, after three billing cycles there was no rebate. I called and that is really when the frustration began. I talked to no less than 8 "customer service" folks. Each one provided me with a different story from a) I have escalated this issue and you should receive your rebates within 5 days, b) unfortunately nothing we can do about the rebate, but we can offer you a bill credit of $200, c) dirt out of luck. This issue has brought back my memory and the reason I had left Verizon before. When I came back to Verizon after switching to Sprint, I thought they had fixed their issues. They did not.

jaef62
Enthusiast - Level 2

This same scam just happened to me on 8/17/19 in Bethany Beach Delaware. We ported over 4 phones from a private account at tmobile and bought a brand new s10 galaxy only because we were promised $200 rebate if we set it up on a business account. We were promised $150 per line for the other 3 lines total=$650

The rep even submitted all the rebate paperwork.  Now verizon said no to any rebates because this is set up as a business account which we never wanted in the first place. They enticed us into this whole thing!

I want out of Verizon so bad but I have a new phone that I have to pay for 24 months or I won't get credit for my old phone. THIS IS EXTORTION!!!!!!!! SO DISHONEST,STAY AWAY FROM VERIZON!!!

0 Likes
raredisarray

This just happened to me with 5 lines we ported over from T Mobile. This is extortion.

0 Likes
tracy2331
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any response from Verizon? These are SERIOUS allegations of fraudulent "bait & switch,"  an illegal practice prohibited by statute.  Where's the Verizon response???

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tracy2331, we would never want you to feel something is a scam. I can assure you that we have legitimate rebates that we offer our customers & we want to make sure that you receive the eligible rebates. What exact rebate or promotion did you not receive? When did you submit the rebate information that you're eligible for? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
mjohn5115
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received the 150 Master Card in mail and  tried to activate it through avenues and ALL HAD SOME KIND OF ERROR OR WITH ACTIVATING  THE REBATE CARD.  IG US UTTERLY RIDICULIOUS  AS TO THE RUN AROUND SCAM OF THIS BAIT AND SWITCH TACTIC. If this is as legit promo this should be something the could be resolved by the customer  support agents . I feel tricked and scammed  and  that's horrible  the way Verizon  does it new consumers.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is certainly not the way we want any of our customers to feel when redeeming a rebate with us. I too would be upset if I received the card and had nothing but issues when attempting to activate it. Sadly, we don't have any access to anything related to the Prepaid MasterCard in customer service, as these are handled by Wirecard. You can contact them at 877-899-8980.

You can also find additional information at the Rebate Center here: https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/#!/faqs

Does this information help?

JosephE_VZW

0 Likes
EID
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got a an email saying "don't worry!" ... My $250 rebate for bring your own phone was still being validated and if I meet all the requirements, to expect my rebate by January 4, 2022. Yes, not a typo. 2022. I submitted the request online on 4/26/2020 and the website said it should be validated around June 20, 2020 if terms are met... So I am supposed to wait A YEAR AND A HALF for my rebate?!?! Total scam. Once the terms of my rebate are fulfilled (45 days of continuous SIM card activation) and it is validated, I am switching. Totally disgusted. I switch to Verizon because it was supposed to be the best and I barely have one bar at my house (AT&T had 3 bars!!). I have to use internet calling. So many hidden fees and garbage like this. Horrible.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value our customers and want to make sure they receive the promised promotional credits or rebates provided. With regard to your concerns with any rebate that is being mailed or provided there is a waiting period to receive it. This is to make sure you have a reported period of service and continue service during this duration. Based on what you've stated this fits in the timeline of how our rebates are provided to our customers. Does this make sense? JasperM_VZW

0 Likes