$15 extra charge on 0.043 GB
Pimk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been a good Verizon customer for about 10 years. Right now, I'm totally [removed] because last month I used 10.043 GB of data and I was charged $15 for the 0.043 GB that I went over. I think it's unfair. I had never used more than 10 GB in any single month. Typically it was around 6-8 GB. I'd like to request that you remove that $15 from my last bill or I'll seriously consider leaving Verizon for good!

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Re: $15 extra charge on 0.043 GB
rcschnoor
Legend

Good luck with your next provider. They will certainly follow the terms of the agreement you will have to make with them, the SAME as Verizon is doing by charging you $15 for going over YOUR chosen data allowance.

You can always choose to get the new Verizon Plan and activate Safety Mode where your data speed slows once you reach your allowance but you WILL NOT incur overages if you use more data than your allowance.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The charge is legitimate if your plan doesn't have Safety Mode enabled. The overage fees are $15 per each 1 GB or portion there of.

You need to check the data usage on the phone itself to see what apps are using the data and causing the overage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I know a sudden spike in usage can be alarming. Your 10 years of loyalty are greatly appreciated and I'm here to help because we don't want to lose you. Let's look into this, I will be sending you a Direct Message momentarily.

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Give them a call, be nice and if what you say is true they will give you a $15 credit.

0 Likes