12 hours in the store, many promises, and still no resolution
mary1181

Verizon is obviously not equipped to handle any business during their transition to ShareEverything.  

I went into a Manhattan Verizon store at 9 am yesterday, trying to switch my Verizon telephone number to a different Verizon account.  It was important to get this done because the other account was ending (due to a corporate account changeover) at the end of June.  Little did I know that this would take being in the store for essentially the entire day.

In making this change, I was also going to get a new phone.  I was stuck in the store because they kept telling me that the changeover of accounts was imminent, and that I couldn't get my new phone until this seemingly simple transfer was complete.  After two hours of waiting, I finally was able to speak to the manager, and he basically said there was nothing he could do  - that the delay must have been a backoffice issue.  I was assured that the changeover would be complete by afternoon and to come back to the store. 

Returning to the store at 3 pm, and after waiting in the store queue again, the transfer of accounts was still not complete.   Obviously, Verizon did not adequately prepare for this ShareEverything program, because their employees had no answers, and their attitude was basically, "you can go to another vendor  if you want".   Great customer service...

They said that by evening, the problem would be resolved, and that I could go to the NJ store (which was on my way home) and get the new phone.  By 9 pm at night, the account transfer still hadn't been completed, but I was promised now that the transfer would occur at midnight.  Another 2 hours in the store...

Today, still no transfer, and now they are telling me another 24-48 hours.   We have 4 phones on this account, and have been Verizon customers basically since Verizon went wireless.  This is no way to run a company, where customer service is apparently not in the vocabulary of the organization, and promises that are made are meaningless. 

I will just have wait for each of my phones to come off contract, and will go elsewhere to a company that at least purports to care about its customers. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 12 hours in the store, many promises, and still no resolution
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your transfer of ownership experience to be as smooth as possible mary 1181! Are you still having difficulties? Have you had the opportunity to speak directly with our Assumption of Liability group at 888-832-4540? ^JHK

0 Likes
nlitend
Contributor - Level 1

One, the store should have told you it DOES take 24-48 hours. 

Two, that should not reflect on an entire company because of one bad store employee.  Nor does it have anything to do with "running a company"

Three, No promise was made or broken to you so that stab at "customer service" is discardable.

Four, you will be back even if you tantrum and leave out of naive spite.  I have had EVERY provider excluding small podunk town ones.

Five, naively bashing a company's view of "customer service" because a store hired one mongoloid discredits your consumer revolt, makes it seem fairly self absorbed too.

0 Likes
Xoclon
Enthusiast - Level 2

You must work for Big Red.

0 Likes