101%data usage?/suspend data privilegeset temporar
Bncthecat

Hi! My data usage says 101%, what does that mean exactly? There are two people on this account including myself, with me as the account holder. The other person actually used a womping 86% of our 6gb and we still have a week and a half. Is there a way I can suspend data to that phone to prevent additional charges? I've tried asking, it didn't work.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 101%data usage?/suspend data privilegeset temporar
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wonderful questions. This means that you are currently over on your data allowance. You can suspend the entire line, you would not be able to just block the data on it. Another option you have to try and manage their usage is Family Base. Check it out here: http://vz.to/1MQt2LB.

CarleyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Bncthecat

I have thought about that but this is an adult I'm talking about.... and that would cause other problems... so if I suspend the line, that means no calling, no texting, correct?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bncthecat,

We certainly are glad that you reached out to us here for help. We never want for you to be charged for overages. Yes, suspending the entire line would mean that they cannot use the phone at all for calls, texts & data. You can suspend the line without billing if you would like. I do have to mention to you that you can only suspend the line for a total of 90 days without billing in a 12 month period. Please see these helpful details http://vz.to/1lCNVzK on suspending lines. The other thing that you can do is make sure the cellular/mobile data is turned completely off on both lines if you are not interested in increasing your data plan for this current bill cycle. Depending on what plan you have, you may be charged $15.00 for every gigabyte you go over. Please do let me know if you have any other questions or concerns that I can help you with.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes