$0 iPhone 7 Trade In Program Scammed Me. Anyone Else?
Scottietj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I traded in my 64GB iPhone 6 in perfect condition and I just received a notification that they valued my phone at $107.50 with a Reason of "Your screen was unresponsive or had cracks or dead spots."  There were absolutely no cracks on my phone when I mailed it and it was in perfect condition!  I am so angry about this as I got screwed out of $542.50!!!  I'm not letting this stand.  I will cancel my service and switch to another carrier if this isn't rectified.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: $0 iPhone 7 Trade In Program Scammed Me. Anyone Else?
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

I'd call the trade in department directly and speak very nice and polite. They are the ones that may be able to help you, but if you're using the same tone on the phone as you did in your post I doubt they'll try very hard. If that's whom you have already spoken I'd try again.

View solution in original post

Scottietj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update.  I called the trade in customer service number 800-416-8894 and spoke with someone who was very helpful.  The rep looked up the picture of my phone and saw that a very small crack was very likely due to shipping damage.  She submitted something which will escalate the issue to get it approved for re-evaluation of my credit.  I'll update once I hear back but this is very encouraging so far.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What exactly did you ship it in?

0 Likes
Sanghee71
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think it is [Removed] scammed.  I just got email exactly same thing.  My I phone 6 was inside of otter box last 2 years and I've not seen any cracks on the screen when I mail it back to Verizon.   now I got an email last night that it had cracked and dead spot.  I just spent almost one hour talking with Verizon representative and they literally can't do anything under the term and condition which is I have to accept whatever it is.  I want my phone back instead of $110 stupid  in Value.  thtey said I can't have my phone back.  I asked for picture and they sent me but I can't even download the picture to look at it. Basically Verizon supervisor  not do anything for me.   I am a royal verizon customer for a long time.  i know my phone condition. If I would known this trade in will be like this I would used my old phone for something else and I would sell it my own.  If I saw cracks on my eyes i would be less upset but I have not seen my screen cracks and makes me super upset.  If it was indeed  screen had a crack I would changed my screen and it will cost me only $100.   Now i feel Verizon is scamming customer and false advertisement for trade in option which is not promotion or benefit to customer.  I would never ever recommend this trade in to anyone and advertise to everyone who own iPhone with Verizon about my experience.  this is big scam.    i would look for other carrier In the future. 

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

I'd call the trade in department directly and speak very nice and polite. They are the ones that may be able to help you, but if you're using the same tone on the phone as you did in your post I doubt they'll try very hard. If that's whom you have already spoken I'd try again.

Sanghee71
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes i I was talking to a repressive nicely in the beginning but I was in hold for more than 20 mins to find out for the term and condition of the trade in process. she sent me pictures to look at it which I tried to download but I couldn't download it. she told me it is a common question but oviousy she does not know where to find the source. I am not upset at her personally but she is representing Verizon. I was on he phone with a represeative and a supervisor for almost one hour. so now you tell me I have to nice to her to get my trade in value to work? What can you, Verizon do work hard for the customer instead of customers work hard

Sent from my iPhone

JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I know how important it is to get the most for your device. I apologize for the long wait times Sanghee. This can be frustrating so I understand how you feel.

When you submit your trade-in you are given an estimated appraisal value. Once the phone is received and inspected this value can change depending on the condition of the phone. If there was damage found you would not receive the original appraisal amount. Did you receive an email with details of why you received the lower amount? This email would include pictures of the damaged device.

You need to reach out to the trade-in center for additional assistance. You can call them at 800-416-8894. They are available Monday to Friday 7am to 2am and Saturday & Sunday 8am to 12am ET.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Brayan909

I had a similar issue happen to me as well. I was given $220 on 3 of my 5 iPhones I traded in and not the $650. I am currently working with the trade in department and they filed something called a "Recalculation form" Apparently they are having high volumes of recalculation forms recently so the expected wait time is 7-10 business days. I have tried multiple time to talk to someone who actually deals with the forms but they don't have any way of reaching them since they are considered a "Offline Team".

0 Likes
KIMMYE42
Enthusiast - Level 1

What do you do when you KNOW that there was no damage to the phone when it was sent in and it worked perfectly??? It's their word against yours?

0 Likes
KIMMYE42
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. On the phone over an hour and all I got was "I'm sorry" and file a claim with USPS.

0 Likes