Can I move my Smart Hub to a different carrier
OldManBo
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been using a Smart Hub for 1 1/2 years and really like it.  It works so much better than the MiFi I had been using.  Unfortunately I will be changing from Verizon to Sprint and would like to take my Smart Hub with me, I own it.  With changing the SIM and unlocking, if necessary, can the Smart Hub be used with another CDMA carrier?  I asked a Sprint rep who knew nothing about the Smart Hub and he said no but I would like a more definite answer from someone that knows the Smart Hub.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Correct answers
Re: Can I move my Smart Hub to a different carrier
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you get great performance from your devices, OldManBo. The SmartHub has an LTE modem that only operates on LTE Band 4 and LTE Band 13, which are licensed by Verizon Wireless. The device may not be able to connect if it is used on another carrier's network. Is this information useful? PeterP_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
OldManBo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your information is helpful.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you get great performance from your devices, OldManBo. The SmartHub has an LTE modem that only operates on LTE Band 4 and LTE Band 13, which are licensed by Verizon Wireless. The device may not be able to connect if it is used on another carrier's network. Is this information useful? PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
OldManBo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your information is helpful.  Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

On the contrary, thank you for being the best part of the Verizon family. We hope you have a great rest of your day and take care. We're only a few clicks away.

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes