Why no error message received to a number I blocked from text?
rae_shane
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know this has been answered already but the answer even by VZ staff seems to vary and be inacurate. I recently tested the VZ call and text block that you update through your account online and it did not work as directed. I blocked my friend who has a VZ iPhone. She messaged my android (galaxy s4) and received no error or undeliverable message to her phone. When she called she did get the automated message that says "caller has restritictions" etc. The VZ support said that the person blocked will get error message back but then why didn't she? Also it was not sent as an imessage by accident as it was a green message box.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why no error message received to a number I blocked from text?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you've been given different information surrounding our Call and Message Block feature rae_shane! With this feature, if a blocked person tries to send you at text, they will not be notified that their number is blocked, restricted, etc. However, the message will not go through. The "restricted" notification is only if that number tries to call you. Therefore, based on how you described what's going on, the block is working.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you've been given different information surrounding our Call and Message Block feature rae_shane! With this feature, if a blocked person tries to send you at text, they will not be notified that their number is blocked, restricted, etc. However, the message will not go through. The "restricted" notification is only if that number tries to call you. Therefore, based on how you described what's going on, the block is working.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
rae_shane
Enthusiast - Level 1

If thats the case then how come when my friend texts me from her blackbwrry or her samsung gs4 and shes blcoked she gets a "failed" message back or "undeliverable" message back?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a good question rae_shane. The messaging block doesn't have a standard error like the call block does. The response may vary across different cell platforms.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Nixtinemo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I blocked 2 people and I want them to be alerted they are blocked via if they message me..a response back telling them denied, undelivered, whichever adjective is less passive aggressive. But something so they do know they are blocked. Maybe make it an option. Keep in mind people block others for many reasons.. Mine was getting psychological. A simple message saying failed to blocked people would ease so many people!!

Just please take action, step up on bullying. You have the power!

0 Likes
L1quidSn4ke
Enthusiast - Level 3

Y not just msg them urslef saying BLOCKED!

0 Likes
Nixtinemo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Because I so not want any interaction what so ever. I don't want any words not even the last word. Situational.

0 Likes
L1quidSn4ke
Enthusiast - Level 3

Then the only other option u have is wait til verizon adds an auto respone option or find an app to do it for you.

0 Likes