Smart Family Content Filters Not Activly Working
Otter588
Enthusiast - Level 1

Every day I have to "fix" one phone on my smart family account, all other phone work fine.  How do I permanently resolve this? All software is up-to-date. App has been uninstalled/reinstalled on device, etc. 

Re: Smart Family Content Filters Not Activly Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Otter588, being on top of your Verizon Smart Family filters is vital, especially if they are not working correctly. Please elaborate, what exactly is going on?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
Otter588
Enthusiast - Level 1

Daily I get this text:

Verizon Smart Family: ******'s location isn't working properly. Access their phone and tap this link to fix it from the app. https://vsf.app.link/fix

Or

Verizon Smart Family: ******'s content filters are not working. Access their phone and tap this link to fix it from the app. https://vsf.app.link/fix

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What happens when you select the link provided? EstevanC_VZW

0 Likes
Nicole1121
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this same exact problem, except that the message is only the content filters aren't working properly. I have clicked the link and followed all steps until it is restored. Now the new message is that the content filters have been removed. This is also every day, and even though I've followed all the steps to fix the problem, the message continues to come up.

jedigirl81
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have the same problem.  I reinstalled the application on my child's phone last night and updated and paired the companion app between my phone and theirs.  Now today I get the message: Verizon Smart Family: XXX-XXX-XXX's content filters were removed.  Tap this link to reactivate.  https://vsf.app.link/fix

This really needs to be fixed.  We pay an additional fee for this to work properly...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jedigirl81, we certainly understand your concern regarding wanting to get this fixed. When you select the link to reactive did you find that the filters were not in place?

While we certainly can assist you via this platform please provide your feedback via the application as well. Tap Settings > Help center > Send Feedback.

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
caciesteve
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get the same message daily for only one person on my Smart Family. They have to go in several times a day to the app to fix it. It's really annoying when my child's app isn't working multiple times a day and I am constantly getting the message that the content filters aren't working or their location isn't working. I send the link that the app tells me to and the child opens it on their phone and it resets. But I don't have to do this with any of the other 2 phones on my plan, just 1 of them. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

caciesteve, 

I am so sorry to hear that you are having trouble with SmartFamily! We are here to help resolve this, and get the service fully working once again. When did you begin having trouble with this user's SmartFamily service? What make & model device do they have? 

Thank you, 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
caciesteve
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our problem started about 4 months ago, multiple times a day i get a message that their app has been removed or their content filters aren't working. all my child has to do is open the app and it fixes the problem. But it has become a problem because it happens when he is away from home and I cannot see his location. I have to call him and tell him to open the app and fix it. He is using a Galaxy Note 9 and we have tried to remove the app and reset it but it still doesn't work. Everyone else on my app works just fine.